• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chris Benoit

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was found dead today with his seven year old son and his wife. He was only 40 years old, and they haven't released a cause of death... all they said was that they weren't shot.

I'm very sad, actually, because it's hard to forget that a character on television is a real person with a real life.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't watch wrestling so I had never heard of the guy, but I heard about this on another forum. What a scumbag.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
CNN is reporting that he strangled his wife and smothered his son and then hung himself.

What a sad story. :mad: they said there were interesting text messages sent before the murders. I would be curious to know what they said.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man this is sad. I just found the same thing here:

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.
SI.com - More Sports - WWE wrestler Benoit, family found dead - Tuesday June 26, 2007 12:50PM

He backed out of a Pay Per View match that was supposed to air live on Sunday due to "personal reasons." It's a shame he didn't seek professional help instead of doing what he did.

:(

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm pretty sure he killed his wife in an argument, and it was an accident. He then killed his son in bed the next day, by smothering him in his sleep, because he didn't want him to grow up without his mother (remember, it was an accident) and knowing his father was a murderer. He then hung himself in his weight room.

He watched WWE Vengence, too, he was slated to win the ECW World Title, making him one of the few to hold the WCW, ECW, and WWF/E titles.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I'd rather grow up without a mother and with a father who was a murderer than be killed. He may have justified it to himself but it was a selfish thing to do regardless.

Ch0s3nEvi1

Registered Member
Aparently he hung himself by his weight cable... What a great way to die! NOT! I want to die in my sleep.

Ch0s3nEvi1

Registered Member
I wanted CM punk to win the title...better him then johnny nitro...:rant:

mattbrownlow

Registered Member
Jeez i have to ask how many of use are actually wrestling fans judging by one comment inparticular they have failed to read the facts.

The guy was out of his mind when all this happend the pressure of the job is immense alot of travel hardly any sleep and lack of family or friends around.

Benoit is 40 his body was struggling to handle it and on top of that he was having family problems he was taking anabolic steroids which are known to make people a little crazy which in itself is an understatement.

Lay off the bloke and let him rest in peace.

I know i for one will mourn the death of a great guy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 15
Millz Wrestling 13
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 8
Millz Wrestling 10
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 9