• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Choosing an animal

CubsMascot

Registered Member
If you were to get an animal for your home what would you get? What qualifications does this pet have to have to get chosen? What would you do if there was one or more that fits these qualifications? Is there any one thing that would make you not choose that pet?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The main qualification is that I like it and it likes me. Not really into one breed over another when it comes to dogs although I like some better than others. Once said I would never have a Rottweiler then I turned around and bought one because once I saw her I knew she was the dog for me.

When I bought my horse it was love at first sight. He was the breed I was looking for but didn't think I would want a grey horse since they turn white as they get older and he did. He's beautiful, a sweetie and smart. He is getting old now and retired. Not going to sell him. He has lived most of his life on this farm and will be buried here.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
sometime i would hope we can get two puppies. although i like cats they are just to independent. cats sometimes lay around too much too. .

i like mostly small breed these days. although German Shepard and Dalmatians are 2 big dog breeds they take up a lot of room in the house though. so the breeds i like mostly are, American Eskimos, Schipperkes, Pomeranian and Chihuahuas. that's pretty much it. qualifications to get them while they are still puppies. . it's easier to get them trained the right way. if dogs already older trained wrong it will be harder to get them to do right. . .if we do get them it will not be soon.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
First off it needs to now be either be a dog or cat. It needs to be healthy and not too old. It also has to be light in weight because I can't carry animals anymore. No aggressiveness and just playful.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I'd like to have another cockatiel someday. They're cheap to purchase and to feed, a lot of them have a lot of personality, and it's a bird that you can take out of his/her cage despite the fact that they're so small.

Impaired

Registered Member
I would make sure it was an animal I could take in a fight.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I am trying to find a puppy or a kitten at the moment.

Basically, I just want it to be cute, friendly and healthy. I looked last year, visiting a bunch of shelters, hoping to save one of them. It just didn't work out. That's what I plan on trying again this time. The whole "I save you, you save me" kinda deal. Haha.

Oh, I also want it to look like this...

Attachments

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I wouldn't want a pet that could wake me up on a regular basis in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping.

The cockatiel that I used to have never did that to me, thankfully.