What should I do?

• Dont Dilate them, work & get paid.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Seriously...

Here's what I got going, I have an Appointment with my Optometrist at 8:15am tomorrow.

Its an annual checkup in which I have the option towards the end to have my pupils dilated. The doc just drops these little droplets of whatever magic potion it is that does it and then for the next 1-2 hours my pupils stay wide open.

Because they are opened.... I literally cannot focus on anything and thus become 100% useless at work. Which means I could by technicality get a day off (which I next to never get), however I do not get paid for days off.

But I have the option to have my eyes dilated or not. The option is basically there because some people dont feel comfortable driving with their eyes dilated like that and thus would have needed a ride to and from the Docs office.

So what should I do?

A: Get my eyes Dilated and take the No-Pay day off?
B: Dont get my eyes Dilated and work the rest of the day?

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Take the day off. If you only can't see for a couple hours, the rest of the day you can play Modern Warfare 2

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Financially things suck already :hah:

what with Thanksgiving coming up (which I dont get paid for) and Christmas coming (which I also dont get paid for)... I'm going to be extremely broke coming up real soon.

But what else is new :hah:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Let me put it this way - do you enjoy your eye's ability to reduce the amount of light it receives if its too bright?

Because you know that if you get them dialated, you're going to have to start wearing sunglasses.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
get your eyes dilated. let someone drive you to the doctor. it's just a day-off after all. not a big deal if you don't get paid.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Let me put it this way - do you enjoy your eye's ability to reduce the amount of light it receives if its too bright?

Because you know that if you get them dialated, you're going to have to start wearing sunglasses.
I've dealt with a severe astigmatism since I was 4 years old... I've had the unfortunate luxury of just about every test, battery, and liquid thrown my way when it comes to optometry.

I'm completely aware I'll be requiring glasses for the duration of my cranked out eyeballs.

Speaking of which! I'll have to take a pic, they are funny as fuck to see people all dilated out :hah:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Well in that case, I say decide how badly you need the money compared to how badly you need a little time off. Seems like the best way to decide.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
I'd say you have to compare:

-getting paid
-eye health

They don't dilate your eyes for nothing. There are things they can't test for without dilating them. So you have to weigh that against getting paid.