• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

choose a sporting event

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you could choose to attend any sporting event, what would it be? There are definitely some big ones to consider: World Cup, Super Bowl, Olympics, World Series, The Masters, Final Four, Stanley Cup Finals, etc.

For me, it's hand down an Ohio State vs Michigan football game. As some of you know I'm a huge Buckeye fan, and the game against Michigan at the end of the season is always one of the biggest games of the year in college football. It's considered by many to be the biggest rivalry in all of sports. The game almost always decides the Big Ten championship, and many years has national championship implications.

Second would be the World Cup. It's the biggest competition in the world's most popular sport.

Psyco

Food Whore
I'd love to go to either the Olympics or the World series. I'd love to go to the Winter Olympics some time, i think it'd be amazing to watch.

And, the World Series is always fun to watch. (sadly, the Yankees probably won't be there for a while)

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Heh, yea, Yanks are gonna be dead for a few years. Gotta go with the Super Bowl, regardless of whether or not my team makes it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
NBA Playoffs Bulls vs. Jazz final game during Michael Jordan's last year on the Bulls.

I wouldn't pick the NBA Playoffs in general though, but I would have loved to be at that one.

I'd probably pick the Olympics, although nowadays watching these big events on TV is usually better than being there in the nosebleed sections. I wouldn't pay much to get a really good seat so I'm probably best off watching these on TV. :)

dmny500

Registered Member
I would choose the NBA Finals, I know the NBA isn't quite what it used to be but I still love basketball anyways. Those Jazz Bulls games were awesome back in the day Andrew.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Jordan era NBA Finals would have been amazing, but without him it would be pretty boring I think. Seeing your favorite team would make it worthwhile, but otherwise it would really suck having to sit through an entire Spurs game against some mediocre team from the Eastern Conference.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I want a middle-level seat at the Roman Colosseum for an entire series of games, including the big naval battles that they flooded the whole pit for.

Colezy

Registered Member
I would go to the football world cup finals. That or the world series.