Chocolate Cookies

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Clever, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Clever

Clever Registered Member

Yum ! Choccy Cookies ... Don't you love sweet food ?

I was looking throught the cupboards the other day, when I came across this kids cooking book. I had a look at the first couple of pages and saw "Chocolate cookies" I flicked to the page and they're they were, lovely chocolate cooking, just staring at me.

So guess what I did the day after, yess... I BAKED THE COOKIES! They turned out delicous ...

I spared some time! And here is the recipe.

125g (4oz) Unsalted Butter (Softened)
    90g (3oz) Soft light brown sugar
    1 Egg
    125g (4oz) Chocolate Spread
    2-3 Drops of vanilla extract (I use about 7)
    90g (3oz) Caster Sugar (That's white)
    200g (7oz) Plain Flour
    30g (1oz) Cocoa powder
    1 Pinch of salt
    ½ tsp of baking powder (Tsp = Teaspoon)
    150g (5oz) (Optional) Chocolate Chip

TIP. For a nutty cookie, miss out the cocoa powder, swap the chocolate spread for the same amount of peanut butter and use plain chocolate chips only.

OVEN NEEDS TO BE 180 CELCIUS
    BAKE FOR 14 MINUTES

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Or, you could just go ahead and post the recipe in this thread. That would be helpful. :)

3. Clever

Clever Registered Member

When I have the TIME because at the moment I can't really be bothered lol. I'm making them today I think, aswell. :lol:

4. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

when you get a chance go ahead and post it and then i will let you know if your recipe even comes close to my top secret chocolate cookies

5. Clever

Clever Registered Member

I spared some time (Like 10 minutes) :lol: and it's on.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i adore choco cookies. they are my fave cookies but i don't have time/nerve to make them myself so i go and buy them. lol

7. Clever

Clever Registered Member

Yes, I usually buy them but these cookies are something else. They're so chocolatey, I couldn't believe it when I first baked them, if you ever are going to bake them use dark fairtrade chocolate, it's delicous.

8. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

Okay so after i convert all of that i am going to have someone go pick all this up for me and then i will bake them and let you know just how much worse these are then my world famous secret chocolate cookies :lol:

9. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't really like plain chocolate cookies. I like chocolate chip cookies, or peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, but not plain chocolate. :p

10. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

I made them and they weren't bad i added chocolate chips to half of them and i thought they could do with out all that chocolate (the ones with out the chips were better)

but as expected your recipe did fall short of mine
    you could try replacing the cocoa powder with chocolate pudding mix
    and turn the tempature down and then cook for longer time
    and then throw them into the freezer for about 20 min as soon as they get out of the oven
    that would make them a little better =]
    and then do the bread trick to keep them soft

Jeanie likes this.