• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chips - The Alternative

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Or -- French Fries.
Let's face it, these can go on almost any plate. Heck, they're even combined with curries these days.

However, there is perhaps always an alternative in these snap-munching situations.

What sorta stuff do you opt for instead of chips, when chips are perhaps a prescribed side for it.

E.G.
Say, for a steak - instead of chips you might have normal spuds.
What other stuff do you go for. Perhaps something not even potato-based.

--
And discuss chips randomly, because they're great.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Onion rings. I rarely get plain fries anywhere unless they're spicy because onion rings are just way too tasty.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I always go with chips or mash. I love potato. I am not a fan of rice or onion rings. Sometimes I might choose salad or seasonal vegetables. But usually my main would come with one of those.

masey

Registered Member
Nope...can't do it....I love chips too much, but as an alternative...oven chips maybe?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
To begin with instead of steak I would have a vegetarian alternative.

Instead of chips though... hmm. Brown rice maybe. Brown rice is a huge staple in my diet and I have it with almost every meal because I love it so much. Not only does it taste great but it's also really good for you.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I rarely eat chips, I often have boiled potatoes with most of my meals simply because chips would just seem wrong with it, that being said on Friday I had a take away (burger, fries and onion rings) and it just seems wrong to have a burger with anything other than chips, same with steaks, it seems wrong. Though wish sausages it seems wrong to have anything other than mashed potatoes and onion gravy - dammit I am making myself hungry now...

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I like chips but they are pretty easy to replace with something just as good. Anything potatoey will do. I would always choose gruyere potato gratin with steak over chips, for example.

Rice/salad, too.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I like chips but they are pretty easy to replace with something just as good. Anything potatoey will do. I would always choose gruyere potato gratin with steak over chips, for example.

Rice/salad, too.
What she said --- anything potatoey. I just assume that word really exists. Mashed or bake! Although really I would still have my fries if I can.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Omg WEDGES!!! Or curly fries...OR Jacket or mash....

Oh my...carb freak much!

I love salad too and sometimes we put pasta with stuff.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Omg WEDGES!!! Or curly fries...OR Jacket or mash....

Oh my...carb freak much!

I love salad too and sometimes we put pasta with stuff.
Ooooohh I haven't had curly fries in so long! If I have the choice of fries or curly fries in a restaurent I will usually have the curly's (hehehe, that sounds dirty :D)