• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chinese on illegal African ivory buying sprees

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chinese diplomatic and military staff went on buying sprees for illegal ivory while on official visits to East Africa, sending prices soaring, an environmental activist group said Thursday.

Chinese officials on illegal African ivory buying sprees: environmental group
Chinese officials shouldn't be doing this. They bought so much ivory when the president visited Africa that it doubled in price. When these people return to China they should be arrested. When it comes to endangered animals maybe there should be no diplomatic immunity. If not the Chinese by themselves could wipe out Elephants in at least part of Africa.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I'd like to go on a Chinese diplomatic and military staff spree, grind up their f~cking livers, along with those of the poachers, and sell them in apothecaries across their China. Bastards.

Elephants are quite possibly the most socially developed species on the planet, and it irks me no end that this crap is still going on.

- Cham

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The important word is "bought". Arresting the Chinese for buying ivory wont stop the poaching in Africa. They would probaly just find other buyers. Imo the poaching needs to be stopped in east Africa. They have the laws to protect the elephants and they need to have more enforcement. And they need to do that really fast before more elephants are killed.

The Chinese are guilty of enabling the poachers but other people probaly enable them too. They just need to get really hardcore and stop the poaching.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Arresting the Chinese would cut down on poaching a lot because they buy so much they drive the price way up causing more Elephants to be slaughtered. These are diplomats doing this too which to me makes it twice as bad.

I wish everyone that buys ivory would get a Elephant size horn growing out of their forehead. Then they could slaughter each other.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
If I were filthy rich I'd drive up the price of poacher heads. Whatever two tusks are worth on the black market, I'd offer twice that for a poacher head. Then I'd hire some witch-doctor to shrink them down, put them on a necklace and get a wildlife expert to put them around the necks of the elephants as a warning to other poachers.

- Chameleon

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
If those Africans would enforce their own laws then they could arrest anyone that trys to poach or to buy ivory - including the Chinese diplomats. That needs to be done to protect the elephants from the poachers.
Theres never a cool reason to shoot an elephant unless it has rabies. Do elephants ever get rabies?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
The African Gov't has a shoot-on-site law for poachers and has quite a good number of wildlife protection "cops" out looking for them, but Africa is a big place. A long time ago, the gov't released a crapload of confiscated ivory on the black market and drove the price and demand into the ground. It was a controversial move, but it worked. Poaching dropped to an all time low in the years that followed. If there wasn't such a high demand, particularly from China, the prevalence of poaching would drop off substantially, not just in Africa, but worldwide. It seems in Chinese culture, the more rare a creature is, the more supercharged it's organs are with healing energy. Black bear gallbladders, shark fins, tiger anything, it's bullshit and it has to stop.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
These diplomats aren't poaching these Elephants themselves but them buying the ivory causes others to poach because they drive the price up. Another problem is try arresting a diplomat for doing something illegal when they have immunity.

China is the biggest buyers of ivory and I hate to say it but it will most likely stay that way until every last Elephant is gone or the Chinese.

Maybe sanctions should be placed on China and Japan for hunting Whales. Their beliefs are disgusting when it causes an entire species to go extinct.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Maybe we should just gather DNA from all the rarest critters on Earth then wipe them out ourselves. Get it over with. The DNA library will still be there for when the human race comes to it's senses, which will happen much sooner when we have nothing left to kill (except each other). The Chinese may be the primary culprits, but they are not the only ones creating demand for species genocide. Shark fin soup for example and shark cartilage pills are popular in places around the globe.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its amazing how brutal people can be to wildlife but whine like children when brutality is visited upon them.

I would like to see these people that like to cut the fins off sharks while alive then throw them back in the water to suffer and die fall in with them and become fish food.

I think any ship caught whaling or cutting the fins off sharks should be sunk with all on board.