• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chinese Boy Can See In Pitch Black

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Those are the strangest looking blue eyes I have ever saw. If he can see so well in darkness I bet he does find a sunny day too bright. Maybe science can use this to their advantage but I hope they don't interrupt his childhood too much for tests.

dDave

V.I.P.
I was literally thinking Riddick when I saw that.

Originally I was thinking the kid saw in pitch by hearing sound bounce (there have been other people that can do this) but this is so much better. He can literally see in the dark.

Those eyes are so cool though! They're so intense and they have obviously given him a great gift. I wonder if this will become something that more people have, a condition like this happens for a reason right?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Those eyes are awesome looking. I find it amazing that he can see in the dark. This shows that evolution is happening before our eyes and it's a view into the future. I hope that his mutation can be passed down so future people can enjoy this gift.

dDave

V.I.P.
Those eyes are awesome looking. I find it amazing that he can see in the dark. This shows that evolution is happening before our eyes and it's a view into the future. I hope that his mutation can be passed down so future people can enjoy this gift.
Isn't evolution supposed to be slow. Regardless, I wonder if his ancestors will have the same eyes. (they're not 100% advantageous but they're really cool)

It's impossible to see in true darkness no matter how good your eyes are, I do want to state that plain and simple. He can see with minimal lighting conditions though. Where most of us would see faint black outlines he apparently has no issue seeing anything under these conditions. His eyes take in so much more light than a normal person that I'd assume that something as small as a candle can fill an entire room with light.

I wonder what happens if he looks directly at the sun or even open flame.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
There's schools of thought that say mutations can happen from one generation to the next and appear to be more sudden than gradual evolution. I do believe that a mutation is possible through evolution and this is evidence of it.

That might make a good MD topic. I'll save it for the morning.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
A Siamese cat and a raccoon all rolled into one:

Siamese cat: Because of his blue eyes.

Raccoon: Because he can see well in the dark.

dDave

V.I.P.
A Siamese cat and a raccoon all rolled into one:

Siamese cat: Because of his blue eyes.

Raccoon: Because he can see well in the dark.
People can have blue eyes. :lol:

As for the raccoon comparison. This may be true to some extent although I believe that this mutation makes it so he can see as if it is day at night time. No animal that I am aware of has vision quite that good.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I am glad that I can't see in the dark because I tend to tire myself out when I can't sleep by staring at complete darkness so this mutation wouldn't be the best for me!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's impossible to see in true darkness no matter how good your eyes are, I do want to state that plain and simple.
That's true, unless humans evolve the ability to see in infrared or something. It's definitely possible to see in other spectrums.