Chimeratech Overdragon, Thursday September 7th 2006

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Kos4Evr, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

Turnbonium told me I could do the Card of the day for today. As such he suggested Chimeratech Overdragon. First lets start with the card stats and effect:

[​IMG]
    Chimeratech Overdragon is a beast in the true sense of the word. Not since the arrival of Chaos Emporer Dragon has a monster been so broken. What makes this card so broken you may ask? Ok so you aren't asking that question, humor me please. Chimeratech Overdragon has a 1 turn win. The worst part is it only takes 2 cards from your hand to do it. With a clear field and 2 cards in your hand you can attack for game in 1 shot. These 2 cards are Future Fusion and Overload Fusion. This combo lets you dump any number of machines from your deck into the grave as long as one of them is a Cyber Dragon, you can then use Overload Fusion to fusion summon Chimeratech Overdragon. If you fused 10 machines or more you have a 8000 or more attack behemoth. A direct attack at this point is game ending.

Outside of the 1 turn win Chimeratech Overdragon is still a behemoth. If summoned from hand or field by Polymerization it is still a monster capable of attacking 1 monster for every machine used in the fusion so it will be able to attack at least 2 monsters with an attack of no less than 1600 attack. While that seems a small thing it gets big really quickly. If you fuse 3 Machines you get a 2400 attacker that can attack up to 3 monsters. For each machine added to the mix add 800 attack and it can attack 1 more monster. Plus if you use Power Bond instead of Polymerization with only 2 machines you get a 3200 attack monster that can attack 2 monsters while you only suffer 1600 life points damage for the effect of Power Bond. Also being a machine means it works great with Limiter Removal.

There are some drawbacks, however. You cannot attack your opponent's lifepoints after you have attacked an opponent's monster regardless of how many machines were used in the fusion. Also, you can only attack your opponent's lifepoints one time per turn regardless of how many machines were used in the fusion. However, there is one way around that. If your opponent has an attack position Spirit Reaper, or another monster that cannot die in battle, Chimeratech Overdragon can attack that Spirit Reaper 1 time for every machine used in the fusion. Now I'm sure a lot of you just thought about Creature Swap or Mystic Box.

Now its time to rate this card:

1 Turn Kill deck: 5/5

Overload Fusion/Return deck: 4/5

Generic machine deck with fusion support: 3/5

Any other deck that runs Cyber Dragon, Jinzo and Dekoichi in addition to fusion support: 2/5

Traditional format: 5/5

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Well done review. Sadly, this card is the new CED-Envoy. It'll definately be in the winning deck of a future SJC. I hope it isn't splashed though. That would bite.

Advanced: 4 out of 5 - only 80% to get a OTK
    Traditional: 3 out of 5

3. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Lets be realistic here. We know it's goign to be splashed it they find a way so we might as well jsut get ready for it to happen.

Moving on to the review I would have to say you did good.

5/5 :Every thing it's broke point blink!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.