• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chilly out in Minnesota

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Well, not to much of a shock, it will be interesting to see what Leslie Frasier does during his interim basis.

Usually coaches are just scapegoats, but this time, Childress was really part of the problem. It was really time for a change, especially due to the reports of dissatisfied players in the locker room.

Can't feel to bad for Childress, he rolled the dice twice with Brett Favre, a 40-something year old QB. One year, he made him a genius. This year, he cost him his job.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Something just seemed shady with Childress. He was caught in quite a few lies as well. I'm glad to see him get fired. They might win a few games for the new interim head coach, but they still will continue to be pretty bad. Favre is the next piece that needs to be removed, hopefully he actually sticks to his word and stays retired this time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The team is a complete disaster this season, and Childress is one of the main problems. He was a terrible play caller in my opinion and made so many ill-advised decisions. It showed that the players were not happy with him anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if they quit on him.

I'm glad Frazier is finally getting his shot, it's been a long time coming. I honestly thought he would be given a chance a few seasons ago. Better late than never though. I do hope he performs well has a coach.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
A couple of years ago I kept hoping the Cowboys would get Frasier as their HC, I think the guy is going to be really good.

I'm not surprised, many on that team quit on him. I'm glad they got their asses handed to them by Green Bay though, it made me laugh.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I agree about Frasier CO, I've heard lots of glowing phrases being used about him from professor-like to a Tony Dungy-type. Plus being a defensive guy, I think he'll have the intensity to turn the ship around somewhat.

BigBob

Registered Member
Should've happened two or three weeks ago. The issue is Childress not giving the ball to Peterson more. Throwing the ball on first down is ridiculous when you have him in the back field. We let Tomlin slip away a few years ago, hopefully Frazier sticks around.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know a couple of Minnesota fans and needless to say they are extremely happy right now. The Vikings definitely should have dumped this idiot a couple of weeks ago because he was nothing but a problem. This guy could not relate to anybody on that roster because he was too busy throwing them under the bus to the media.

Frasier deserves this chance. Hope he's successful.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The season is pretty much over for the Vikings, I highly doubt they'll make the playoffs. That said do you believe Frazier should play Favre?(He said he will)

Remember Frazier is only interim coach right now, so he has to do his best to impress management so they would remove that interim tag and give him the head coaching job for good.

Even if Favre has struggle most of the season, do you believe he gives the Vikings the best chance to win? Or do they give Tavaris a chance?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Great decision...

I've listened to Frasier and press conferences and he seems very personable and bright. It's about damn time he got his chance to be a head coach.