Chili

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Blueyes, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

So I've got myself a cold and just remembered I have some Vicks VapoRub that I put on. I'm in the process of making my chili in the crockpot so I can curl up on the couch with it and a blanket and some juice. So what do ya'll put in your chili?

I use

onions
    green pepper
    hamburger
    chili powder
    cayenne Red Pepper
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    2-3 cans of dark kidney beans (I love these)
    2-3 cans of tomato sauce

I like to make it really simple and it's really thick which is what I like.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

mmmm chili sounds so good right now. I'll be honest there arent to many homemade chili's I've really enjoyed. I mean they are usually good but just dont have that Bam! that I enjoy in chili.

There is this one Canned Chili that I love, I pretty much grew up eating it and would turn down alot of other foods for a can of it. Some of my family moved up to Montana and apparently this particular brand isnt available there so anytime they visit here they leave with a big ol' box full! Heres my favorite:

[​IMG]

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i have only ever had chilli once, and i didnt make it :S

but i had mine on nachos with cheese grated on the top and it was delish!! i loved it, mmmm you have made me want some now :D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
    Blueyes likes this.
  4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

For my chili I use the manwich ready made chili sauce in a can. I add green peppers, onions, and more kidney beans. I also use buffalo instead of hamburger meat.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

now buffalo meat is supposed to be the leanest of all meats correct? I've never seen any in the local stores, do you have to go some specialty meat place for that?

6. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

I'm pretty sure you can get buffalo meat at a meat store or deli like store.

Chili is so good. My mom makes delish chili. I can't wait till she deems it cold enough outside to make it.

Blueyes likes this.
  7. icegoat63

I acted on the chili craving this thread inspired. Went to Red Robin and had a cup of chili... it was splendid!

Blueyes likes this.
  8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've never made my own chili, I usually buy it in cans. I'm not a huge fan of it, so I don't eat it often, but I have it at least once a month or so. I usually eat it with Corn Chips or nice loaf of bread.

Blueyes likes this.
  9. icegoat63

mmmm Corn Chips & Chili.... Frito Boats FTW!!!!

10. Buddhz

Buddhz Registered Member

I make my own chilli now that I'm a vegetarian but I did like the Dynamite Hot one of these when I wasn't... great on jacket/baked potatoes.

[​IMG]

p.s. what is the benefit of twice baking potatoes? It's not something that we do in the UK.

Blueyes likes this.