Children

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
How many do you have/want?

And, how many do you think is a good number for a couple to have?

Don't forget step-children.

I have one and want upwards of five. I think that, should I end up in a lasting relationship, I'd want no more than 3-4 more children.

I also feel that a family should have more than 4-6 children depending on ages and income.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
When I first got married, I always said 5 and aboslutely no more then 7. I have since changed my mind. I think 3-4 is a good number and Knyte wants 3 and since we have 3 already, we are most likely done, unless we get another surprise.

As far as how many other people should have I don't think there is a set number I can think of. Some people shouldn't have any and other should have lots.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
No children yet for me, but when I do have kids, two seems like a good number, maybe three at the most.

I think the number of children a couple should have really just depends on that individual couple.

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
lol i was thinking of making a topic about this earlier today.

im not married, and wont be for a good while(because im only a teenager), so i dont have any kids. but when i do, i want about 2 kids. at least 1 boy. if i end up with 2 girls i would most likely try again for a boy. no more than 3, 4 would be pushing it.

SatisPassion

Registered Member

I have one and want upwards of five. I think that, should I end up in a lasting relationship, I'd want no more than 3-4 more children.

I also feel that a family should have more than 4-6 children depending on ages and income.
Wow, that's a lot of kids. My mother came from a family of 7 sisters, and it doesn't seem like my cup of tea in any case. Personally, I have 4 half-siblings, two from each parent, but I grew up practically an only child because they had me so late. My siblings are 10-15 years older than me. Guess that's why I always tried to grow up so fast.

In any case, though, I only want a max of three children under my roof at any given time. So, depending on how my partner feels about it, I want 2-6 kids, of some of which I want to adopt.

My best friend, who's more like my brother, was adopted, and he told me how it all kind of seemed hopeless in the system until his loving family adopted him. "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof."

I have none.

I always wanted 8 growing up (1/2 on my own- and to adopt the rest)....But I think 3-5 is good for me. I still want 1/2 on my own- adopt at least one, and I don't care where the rest come from (ok, well, I do, but I don't care if I have them of if they're adopted/step children).

I think it'd (how many I end up having) totally depends on my income/his income/ how good of a parent I end up being (I love kids though, and am pretty good with them, so I know parent-wise I'm pretty sure I'd be fine) And also how many he wants.

And I want to be married before I have any kids.

No children yet for me, but when I do have kids, two seems like a good number, maybe three at the most.

I think the number of children a couple should have really just depends on that individual couple.
omg! Something we don't agree on!!! hehe