• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Childhood, happiest time in your life?

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I find the older I grow, the less happy I become. I wonder if in your life, is childhood the happiest time of your life?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I hope not because it would mean that I'll never attain that level of happiness again. Besides, the only things (for me anyways) that were fun about being a kid was having toys and having little to no responsibility.

Wade8813

Registered Member
For me, I had fun as a little kid. Things went downhill in school, but started getting better in high school. College was probably the best. Post-college, there's been a lot of ups and downs. Some great times, some very dark times.

Dabs

Registered Member
I find the older I grow, the less happy I become. I wonder if in your life, is childhood the happiest time of your life?

You bring up a good point Ilus, and it seems to be true for a lot of people. The older we get, the less happy we become. I don't know about others, but (in my opinion) as you get older, you marry, start having children, house payments, other bills, car payments, children going thru school, finding/keeping jobs, etc. All that shit takes it's toll on people. I have to say, life has gotten unhappier for me as it has went on. And I didn't even have a happy childhood, it was about as crappy as crappy could get! Everyone has their good days and bad days. And I do recall having some good times, times when I was happy. But they are fewer and farther in between it would seem these days. I think for me, the happiest days of my life, were when my own children were little and growing up. Watching them play all the sports, watching school plays, going to camp (I didn't, they did) but when they got back, oh what fun they had to tell :lol: Just being that Mommy, was a great thing. I'm still a Mother, it's just they don't need me like they used to, and I don't get to see them very often. But that's how life is.
You are a young lady and have many years ahead of you, I hope you find the happiness you are seeking as time goes by. It'll get to you some time I'm sure :)

Bliss

Sally Twit
As you get older you have to take on responsibilities, deal with stress, deal with loss and sometimes heartbreak. When you're a kid none of those things really matter or mean anything so yeah I imagine you are happy. However, I wouldn't say you are happier - it would entirely depend on the person, their upbringing etc.

When you're an adult you have to learn to deal with these things but in most cases you'll find happiness. Some days I do feel unhappy but overall I am in a happy place right now. It takes a lot more than waving a colourful toy in front of my FACE to make me smile but I do still smile most days.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Not for me. Childhood was the worst time of my life. I have some good memories from childhood, yes, but I was very insecure and had no self-confidence. Plus there were a few very unpleasant events in my childhood, coupled with my mom joining what amounted to a cult when I was 9, childhood was definitely not the happiest time of my life.

True I have more responsibilities and more stress now, but I'm wiser, more mature, more self-confident, so I am much happier now than I was in childhood or even early adulthood.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Being a child for me was not a great time, but I found it was easier to be happy, I miss the honesty, innocence and even naiveness of being a child. It make sense to me that I will have times as I grow older I will be happy and reading everyone who posted I feel most times being happy is maybe a temporary thing or moments as we grow.

I guess maybe I am just feeling a little low in my life and needed some hope or hint that soon maybe I can be happy again...

Thanks.

Bliss

Sally Twit
You don't have to wait to be happy, Ilus. You just need to find something that makes you happy. Whatever that is may change as you get older but you don't have to wait for happiness to find you.
I'm not talking about a relationship. I am talking about anything you want. Could be a hobby, a job, a pet or even a person.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My childhood was great, it was fun, and I barely had any responsibilities but quite honestly I like where I'm at with my life right now. Maybe it's not as fun but it's much more rewarding too.

I feel smarter, if that makes sense. I feel like I know more and I can do more. I enjoy being an independent person. I also find time to have fun still.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I agree with Dabs. Being young doesn't always mean being happy. Yeah, life can get really epic sometimes but there's school pressures, probs with friends, getting grounded, friends dying, etc etc. And it gets really awkward just trying to talk to people sometimes, especially about things they know more about. I think the best way to get happy is to just not care what anybody thinks, just have fun anyway. Just do whatever ya wanna do. I've made a lot of friends and had a lot of fun doing that. It def makes life easier to deal with! :)