• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Child-molesting co-founder of Dragon Con facing prison

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The co-founder of popular sci-fi convention Dragon Con is facing the possibility of life in prison after ‘following’ a teen girl on Twitter, breaching a plea bargain agreement that has kept him out of prison on child molestation charges.

Child-molesting co-founder of Dragon Con facing prison over Twitter ‘follow’ of teen girl
This is the craziest story I ever read. He was arrested in 2000 for molesting three kids but they didn't keep him in prison so he does it again in 2011. If they don't send him back to prison over this girl he could be free from house arrest in 28 months.

I don't understand why this man was ever let out of prison to begin with. I don't give a crap about his spinal injuries keep him in there. When I think how much time some do over other things not as bad as this it makes me sick.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
This is an odd story.

The guy is certainly a dirtbag and will more than likely be killed if they put him back in prison but a few things are a bit off. Firstly, it seems like his targets have been little boys, not girls. While I could see why having 'indirect contact' with a teenage girl would raise red flags, is that really enough to put this guy in prison per the agreement?

Once again, not trying to save or help this dude, but the whole situation seems like there should be more to it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I also feel like there is more to this strange story, which we may never get.

Even if he has been going after boys this girl is still a minor and violates his agreement. I hope its enough to keep him locked up for the rest of his life because I don't think he will stop.

Since he received his spinal injuries after being in prison over the first three boys he molested, then was caught in a motel room with another boy in 2011, I would say his injuries aren't bad enough to keep him from doing it again.

I might add that he met two of his victims while dating their mother.

dDave

V.I.P.
This is an odd story.

The guy is certainly a dirtbag and will more than likely be killed if they put him back in prison but a few things are a bit off. Firstly, it seems like his targets have been little boys, not girls. While I could see why having 'indirect contact' with a teenage girl would raise red flags, is that really enough to put this guy in prison per the agreement?

Once again, not trying to save or help this dude, but the whole situation seems like there should be more to it.
I fully agree. It seems like there's something missing from this story.

People like this do tend to get killed off in the prison system. I guess even a lot of people in prison have no tolerance for something like that.

I also feel like there is more to this strange story, which we may never get.

Even if he has been going after boys this girl is still a minor and violates his agreement. I hope its enough to keep him locked up for the rest of his life because I don't think he will stop.

Since he received his spinal injuries after being in prison over the first three boys he molested, then was caught in a motel room with another boy in 2011, I would say his injuries aren't bad enough to keep him from doing it again.

I might add that he met two of his victims while dating their mother.
I sure hope his injuries aren't an excuse to not go to prison (assuming he deserves to go to prison).

If this guy had no bad intentions with this girl (which seems unlikely) then he's an idiot for violating the agreement.