• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Child Labour

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

You basically just proved my point....they are greedy, thats what tends to drive most Americans anyway, is greed.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Piccolo said:
You basically just proved my point....they are greedy, thats what tends to drive most Americans anyway, is greed.
People like proving your points don't they? Its impressive.

Really, I think greed is a major driving force world wide; not just in the U.S.A. Child labor is really present in the African countries; or the Sub-Saharan countries; whichever you wanna call them. Like people have said; children are easy to take advantage of, you pay them a quater and they work like crazy. Cheap labor = great profits. Why wouldn't companies wanna do it, because its morally wrong? Companies...morals....do those two words really belong in the same sentence?

Yes, its wrong. Of course its wrong, thats a stupid question, but eh it'll just keep continuing. Also the Security Council (part of the U.N) will continue to try and claim that they are stopping child labor and child soldiers. ::)

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

People seem to prove my points with their ignorance, and not meaning to prove my point to begin with.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Its a morally wrong practice that big business will find ways to justify no matter how wrong it is. That is why I refuse to shop at stores like Walmart.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

You would to be not shopping at a lot of stores, other then Wal-Mart.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
What are some other stores I wouldn't be shopping at?

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Most shoe stores for that matter, and possibly any top clothing line store.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Kos4Evr said:
That isn't a problem for me. I don't shop at those stores anyway.
You just said eariler that you bought a pair of Nikes. Thus, you are a hypocrite. It's not just big companies either, it's any company that needs ways to increase profit or as previously stated, are just greedy enough to do something like hire children.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
The Mercenary said:
Kos4Evr said:
That isn't a problem for me. I don't shop at those stores anyway.
You just said eariler that you bought a pair of Nikes. Thus, you are a hypocrite. It's not just big companies either, it's any company that needs ways to increase profit or as previously stated, are just greedy enough to do something like hire children.
As stated, I don't shop at big name clothing or shoe stores. Also, I bought the Nikes because of the price, not the brand. While that may make me a hypocrate, it is not for the reason you quoted. Also worth mentioning, that is the only pair of Nikes I have ever owned.