Movies "Chick-flicks" For Guys

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Heres a list of what EMPIREONLINE deemed "chick-flicks for guys". Some of them were spot on but there were some that I felt were over looked.

These 3 stand out for me:

High Fidelity - John Cussack is great as the neurotic, recently dumped Rob Gordon. He spends the whole film retracing his top 5 break ups and tries to understand why he keeps making the same mistakes.

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - This one is great because it explores the significance of memory when it comes to love. Not only is it a great Sci-fi concept but it offers a very realistic look at romantic relationships.

(500) Days of Summer - Like High Fidelity this is about a guys troubled relationship with a girl called Summer. She completely messes him around and the film switches the cliched gender roles of films. This film is hilarious at times and suprisingly touching at others.

So what romantic films are you men not ashamed of liking? :lol:

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I absolutely love that movie. I agree, great sci-fi concept and I love what it has to say about relationships. No matter how bad they are, you'd do anything to keep those memories.

I like all-types of chick flicks, even chick chick flicks. Haha.

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Yeah I love Eternal Sunshine. I've seen it like three times, it's very strange, but great.

I haven't seen the other two, but I've heard of them.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I watched Failure to Launch and liked it. I went by myself to the theatre to see it on a saturday afternoon. I'm not ashamed, I thought it was a decent movie.

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Ten Things I hate About You. Awesome movie. Just classic.

Hitch. Another classic movie. Its funny, its true, and its dramatic. Perfect

While You Were Sleeping. I haven't seen this one in years. Its about crushes, confusion, foolishness, and a nice bit of humor.

I know I've seen others but can't think of any right now.