• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chicago

Beretta295

Registered Member
Not long ago I went to Brisbane (Australia) to see my first theatre production which was CHICAGO...and man was it great!! It wasn't a very high-budget production, in fact it didn't even have a proper set. None-the-less, it was a fabulous show and I highly recommend it.

Has anyone else seen CHICAGO on stage? and what were your thoughts?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I saw it in the theatre in London a little while ago. I remember the production threw me off a bit to begin with since I'd seen the movie first, and the 2 main female characters (Roxie & Velma, I think?) had 'switched' hair colours. As in the Roxie on stage had dark hair and Velma had blonde, which is the opposite to the film.

Anyway :melodramatic: yeah it was pretty good and I would definately recommend it to anyone who likes that kind of thing, but I don't think I'd be much interested in seeing it again personally.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not into musicals, never have been. But I did see the movie at the theatre and I have to say I was very impressed by Richard Gere. Queen Latifah and Catherine Zeta-Jones I wasn't suprised by, I knew they were both talented and would do a good job. I didn't know Gere could sing and tap dance like that. I really enjoyed it.

I would love to see a stage production of it.