Chicago

Discussion in 'Theatre' started by Beretta295, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Beretta295

Beretta295 Registered Member

Not long ago I went to Brisbane (Australia) to see my first theatre production which was CHICAGO...and man was it great!! It wasn't a very high-budget production, in fact it didn't even have a proper set. None-the-less, it was a fabulous show and I highly recommend it.

Has anyone else seen CHICAGO on stage? and what were your thoughts?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I saw it in the theatre in London a little while ago. I remember the production threw me off a bit to begin with since I'd seen the movie first, and the 2 main female characters (Roxie & Velma, I think?) had 'switched' hair colours. As in the Roxie on stage had dark hair and Velma had blonde, which is the opposite to the film.

Anyway :melodramatic: yeah it was pretty good and I would definately recommend it to anyone who likes that kind of thing, but I don't think I'd be much interested in seeing it again personally.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'm not into musicals, never have been. But I did see the movie at the theatre and I have to say I was very impressed by Richard Gere. Queen Latifah and Catherine Zeta-Jones I wasn't suprised by, I knew they were both talented and would do a good job. I didn't know Gere could sing and tap dance like that. I really enjoyed it.

I would love to see a stage production of it.