• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chicago native Floyd signs with Cubs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
CHICAGO -- Cliff Floyd can't wait to enjoy his mother's home cooking on a regular basis.​

The Cubs completed their free agent acquisitions Wednesday, signing Floyd to a one-year, $3 million incentive-loaded contract with a mutual option for 2008. It's a homecoming for the outfielder, a Chicago native who was a three-sport star in baseball, football and basketball at Thornwood High School in South Holland, Ill.
"It's been a dream of mine for a long time," Floyd said about playing for the Cubs. "I wished I would've been drafted by them. My family's been behind me in every decision I've made, but they were definitely hoping this opportunity would present itself. I look forward to coming home and playing." When Floyd was growing up, he would dash home after school to watch the Cubs' day games on television.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/...ontent_id=1785486&vkey=hotstove2006&fext=.jsp