• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chewing Gum

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
*Warning, angry rant below.

I am getting really sick of chewing gum lately, and I hate how obsessed everyone seems to be with it! It. Is. Disgusting! That's all there is to it. Chewing gum, bubble gum, etc etc. No matter what type it has to be one of the most disgusting human inventions on the face of the Earth.

I am so sick of walking down the street, going shopping, being in class, getting the bus, having conversations with people and having to suffer through a constant chewing/sucking/squelching of freaking gum in my face. For one thing, gum is not attractive at all! I know very few people who can chew gum and not make it the single most disgusting thing on the planet.

If I am with someone I don't want to see their jaw constantly moving, I don't want to see the inside of your mouth, it's GROSS. Also who the hell wants to chew on some little piece of plastic-like crap for hours when it loses it's taste so quickly. And you can't even eat it. Think about how long that little thing has been inside your mouth for, but they keep going!

The other thing (and most important thing about gum) that bothers me is the sound. The amount of times I have been close to vomiting because I can hear someone chewing gum is too many count. Very few people can chew any type of gum without eliciting a sort of squelching, sucking and altogether disgusting sound. The only other thing I can think of that sounds like a human chewing gum is when my dog is either chewing or biting on his own asshole and his paws. If that's gross enough when he does it then why should I have to listen to the same sound whenever I leave the house?

I have recently heard that all forms of gum is banned in Singapore. I think it's mainly because they are a very clean country and don't want little piles of shit stuck to their footpaths, buildings etc. This is a good rule. I believe gum should be banned in every country on Earth. And if you are seen with it a punishment of several years prison out to do the trick.

I might one day move to Singapore for this reason.

End rant.

Anyway, what is everyone else's opinion of gum?

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I don't mind gum, I only chew gum if I am stressed out and need to keep my mind off things, it usually works.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I don't mind it either, but I hate it when people are super loud. mouth wide open... there is a more discrete way of chewing. and I chew gum a lot because it helps me control my super bad habit of grinding my teeth. my jaw is always so tense and I'm surprised my dentist hasn't given me a night guard, but since I chew gum so much it really diminishes how often I do it.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Chewing gum is revolting. As a cleaner, I have to pull other people's gum off of chairs, tables, walls, toilets, the outside of bins and whatnot all the freaking time! It's a small piece of evil plastic crap that blights my existence at every turn, and it really ought to be banished to the ninth circle of hell for whatever length of time is more eternal than eternal!

If they don't have gum in Singapore, then I seriously should consider moving there too. Now, if I can only convince my wife...

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I used to chew gum for the mintyness. Say if I'm out of the house with friends and I just ate before going out for the night, I would have gum if I don't have my toothbrush with me. Then get rid of it soon after because mint makes me sneeze.

Nowadays, I don't chew gum apart from maybe a couple times a year. I did go through a little bubble gum phase recently, but it only lasted about 2 packs.

Personally I don't like some of the sounds people make when they're eating food, but chewing gum doesn't bother me as much. I think it might be because I'm very rarely around people who chew gum.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
When I was learning to drive, my instructor insisted I chew; it kept me calm and stopped me getting dry mouth. I still chew when I drive long distances or somewhere I'm not familiar with.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Chewing gum is revolting. As a cleaner, I have to pull other people's gum off of chairs, tables, walls, toilets, the outside of bins and whatnot all the freaking time! It's a small piece of evil plastic crap that blights my existence at every turn, and it really ought to be banished to the ninth circle of hell for whatever length of time is more eternal than eternal!

If they don't have gum in Singapore, then I seriously should consider moving there too. Now, if I can only convince my wife...
I like you more and more every day.

Also, I hope the rest of you know that while I am reading this thread I am making notes about who I would spend time with if I met them and who I wouldn't, :p.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love gum and I chew it all the time. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I do understand that some times the sound of chewing it can be annoying, but watching someone do it isn't disturbing at all. It's like watching someone eat food, which you see every day. Also, there are a lot of different type of gums that have a long lasting taste, you just have to find the right one.

Danno

Registered Member
I dont have a problem with chewing gum. I do it all the time. Although I do see your point about how annoying the noises can be, however I am discreet when I chew.

Hey I'd rather someone chew while they spoke to be than breathe on me with foul breath.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't care if people want to chew it or even if they want to blow bubbles. What I do care about is people spitting it out on the ground. There is no need to do that.
In the past couple of weeks I have stepped in gum twice and it's disgusting trying to lift your foot up. I can't use my hand to get the gum off my shoe so I have to risk ruining my pretty shoes by scraping my foot along the ground!