• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chewing gum

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Gum thread...

Do you chew gum?
Does it bug you when people talk while chewing gum?
Do you prefer peppermint or spearmint?
Do you like mint flavors in other things i.e. chocolate or ice cream

Other gum related thoughts?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Do you chew gum?

Yes, I pretty much always have it on me.

Yes, it does, it is just as rude as people who talk whilst eating food.

I prefer Spearmint (the green one) it is just better.

I like other flavours but given the choice I would go with the classic.

Everyone knows that chewing gum whilst not wearing a shirt but wearing sunglasses makes you look sexy, that is the rule.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Do you chew gum?

Yes. But I work in an office and I'm constantly answering my phone, so I don't tend to chew it during work hours.

Meh... I'm indifferent to it. I don't really care. I will say, though, that I hate people who crack their gum.

Neither. I'm more of a Bubblemint woman.

I like mint chocolate chip ice-cream, but I don't know what that has to do with chewing gum...

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!

Meh... I'm indifferent to it. I don't really care. I will say, though, that I hate people who crack their gum.
what does cracking gum mean?

Do you chew gum?
occasionally, but not very often. on the walk to work I like to chew gum for some reason. I prefer eating chewy soft mints. I eat them like they're sweets.

not really. I don't come across it all that much to be honest. it's kind of obnoxious but at the same time I don't care.

spearmint (the blue one). peppermint is fine too but I think it's stronger so it makes me sneeze a lot easier than spearmint (not that sneezing is a terrible thing)

eh, it's alright. not my favourite but I don't dislike it. mint chocolate chip ice cream is good on a hot day.

no sir

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Do you chew gum? Yes, yes I do. I go through phases where I chew it a lot or not at all. I'll usually have some after lunch at work.

Does it bug you when people talk while chewing gum? It doesn't at all. I can see how it would bother someone, but not me.

Do you prefer peppermint or spearmint? I go through phases I think overall for gum I'd say spearmint. But in a lot of other non-gum things I like peppermint.

Do you like mint flavors in other things i.e. chocolate or ice cream? I do...I'm a big fan of mint, mint chocolate chip, etc.

Other gum related thoughts? Don't spit it on a parking lot or sidewalk, assholes. It's not that tough to throw it away, but it's damn tough to get it off of your shoe.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
@ Bubs - lol at the trollish "no"

To answer the questions:
Do you chew gum?
Yes, a lot I'd say.

No, not at all. Actually It makes me chew-gum more.

Peppermint.

Do you like mint flavors in other things i.e. chocolate or ice cream?
No, not really. The only min flavor I like is in this type of chocolates:

My favorite chewing gum is Orbit - the green one.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Rebeccaaa: cracking gum is essentially popping the gum like bubbles but very, very tiny and in your mouth instead of blowing bubbles. I must confess I do that some times without even realizing it.

I have gum everywhere and chew it quite often. It is a curse at times because when my TMJ acts up chewing gum helps alleviate the pain but then after I've chewed the gum for quite some time it makes it worse afterwards.

I prefer the spearment verses peppermint. The peppermint is to harsh for my taste buds. I don't even like peppermint candy.

No other flavors of gum are acceptable.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
When I was in highschool, I could spend 50 cents for a pack of gum at the gas station. I used to spend like 5 bucks and always have extra packs of gum in my locker. I loved chewing it all the time. Also, we weren't allowed to chew gum in class, so I always would. I guess that was my way to rebel in school lol. Now I don't chew gum much. Occasionally I'll buy a pack of mint gum if I need to break a large bill or something.

My favourite gum was Juicy Fruit. I always liked the taste best. Also DoubleBubble. MMMM

I was never much for blowing bubbles or cracking it though. Once again though that was probably because I had to keep the fact that I was chewing gum in school a secret so I got into the habit of not making it obvious.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I find it really disrespectful when people chew gum around other people. I have no issue if people chew it in their own time, or at home or something, but it's just plain disgusting around other people. People seem to think they are quiet when they chew gum... but they aren't, they really aren't.

Not only does it look gross, but the chewing of gum produces the most disgusting, squelching sounds I think a human can make. When people are chewing gum on a bus surrounded by other people, or in a classroom with other students all around them or something I consider that very rude. I can usually put in headphones to block out the sound, but sometimes I can't and it makes me feel sick. The only other sound I can compare it to is when my dog used to lick, suck and chew on his paws in old age. It used to drive me crazy when he did that too. It's basically the exact same sound.

I personally never chew gum. I don't see the point of chewing some little plasticy thing around for hours that you can't even eat, and if you do swallow it's bad for you.

I also think there's a special place in hell for people who stick gum on the bottom of tables, seats, the floor etc for other people to then stand in or get it stuck on them in some way.

Last edited: