chest pains after workout...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by AnitaKnapp, Feb 10, 2010.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

No, I'm not talking about the palpitating ones. It's like an ache in my chest, all the time.

I think that I went way over the maximum target heart rate. I had read somewhere before (but I can't remember now, and can't find it) that if you exceed the max target heart rate, that you can bruise your heart. I was trying to find out how serious that was, but when I look it up, all I can find is things related to a physical hit in the chest, and it being sore.

btw, I'm pretty sure that it's nothing serious...that I just over did it way too much, and that it's not really a big issue. I was just googling to make sure.

So, does anyone know about this particular issue?

Bliss likes this.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What were you doing that you think caused it? I can possibly relate to this but it's usually after doing things like pushups or benching and even then it's more of a muscle pain, not something underneath.

Bliss likes this.
  3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I was just jogging on the treadmill. I wasn't doing any weight lifting or anything...and that's why I think it was going over the maximum target heart rate. I think my maximum is at 190, and I do usually watch the heart rate pretty close when I'm on the treadmill...but since it was broken, I think I over did it a little too much.

I'm on the treadmill often...but like I said, I usually monitor myself because I have a tendency to push too hard. I couldn't monitor it today.

4. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

Well i dunno how hard u did your workout, but to get that kinda damage u have to be pushing yourself soo hard that u will know it is the reason. Had some tests on finding your maximum heart rate back when i went to a athletic school(dunno the correct word but). And well. that is a test i dont wanna be doing again. It consist of trowing up, nearly passing out. and basicly flat out falling to the ground cuz u cant run anymore..

I honestly dont know what can be the reason for the chest pain. sorry