chest pains after workout...

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
No, I'm not talking about the palpitating ones. It's like an ache in my chest, all the time.

I think that I went way over the maximum target heart rate. I had read somewhere before (but I can't remember now, and can't find it) that if you exceed the max target heart rate, that you can bruise your heart. I was trying to find out how serious that was, but when I look it up, all I can find is things related to a physical hit in the chest, and it being sore.

btw, I'm pretty sure that it's nothing serious...that I just over did it way too much, and that it's not really a big issue. I was just googling to make sure.

So, does anyone know about this particular issue?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
What were you doing that you think caused it? I can possibly relate to this but it's usually after doing things like pushups or benching and even then it's more of a muscle pain, not something underneath.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I was just jogging on the treadmill. I wasn't doing any weight lifting or anything...and that's why I think it was going over the maximum target heart rate. I think my maximum is at 190, and I do usually watch the heart rate pretty close when I'm on the treadmill...but since it was broken, I think I over did it a little too much.

I'm on the treadmill often...but like I said, I usually monitor myself because I have a tendency to push too hard. I couldn't monitor it today.

k3rm0r

Registered Member
No, I'm not talking about the palpitating ones. It's like an ache in my chest, all the time.

I think that I went way over the maximum target heart rate. I had read somewhere before (but I can't remember now, and can't find it) that if you exceed the max target heart rate, that you can bruise your heart. I was trying to find out how serious that was, but when I look it up, all I can find is things related to a physical hit in the chest, and it being sore.

btw, I'm pretty sure that it's nothing serious...that I just over did it way too much, and that it's not really a big issue. I was just googling to make sure.

So, does anyone know about this particular issue?
Well i dunno how hard u did your workout, but to get that kinda damage u have to be pushing yourself soo hard that u will know it is the reason. Had some tests on finding your maximum heart rate back when i went to a athletic school(dunno the correct word but). And well. that is a test i dont wanna be doing again. It consist of trowing up, nearly passing out. and basicly flat out falling to the ground cuz u cant run anymore..

I honestly dont know what can be the reason for the chest pain. sorry