• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cherry Crisp

Dabs

Registered Member
If any of you like cherries, I have an awesome dessert that is so super easy to make, and it's delicious (but very rich!) My Mother used to make this all the time.
You take a 13x9 pan and pour 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the pan, just dump them in and spread them smooth. Then you take one yellow or white cake mix, DO NOT mix it like you are baking a cake, you use the plain DRY cake mix and dump over top of the cherries, smooth it out. Then take about 1 cup of melted butter and pour over the cake mix. Bake at 325* for about 45 minutes, awesome stuff! And it's great warm or cold, but if served warm, put a little vanilla ice cream on top, it's tasty!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It sounds really good and easy to make. I love cherry desserts. That sounds like a ton of butter. Isn't that two sticks?

Dabs

Registered Member
It sounds really good and easy to make. I love cherry desserts. That sounds like a ton of butter. Isn't that two sticks?

Yes Echoes, the more butter the better, cause if you can, cover the entire top, all of the dry cake mix. Because it turns into a golden brown lightly crunchy topping :)

RATTIE

Registered Member
It is WAY too rich for me but I think my Mother would LOVE it!
I call her a sweetie maggot, ha ha.
(That's what Dad called me as a teenager.) ;)