Cheese

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Saffy, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

Love it? or hate it? Whats your faves?
    I love loads of different Cheeses,, mild strong whatever,, im not that keen on the blue or smelly ones,, but i like a good strong one. One of my faves is Wenslydale with cranberries.. mmm, i also like a peppered cheese Boursin with pepper or garlic is gorgeous:D

[​IMG]

2. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Welcome back Chef Saffy! I like cheese but specifically the more common or regular type.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd love to try Wensleydale some time; I'm not sure if I can get it here. I love cheese. I mean really, i LOVE cheese. My favorite is Cambozola. I also love Perrano, Saga blue, Shropshire, Havarti, Jarlsberg - there's hardly a cheese I don't like. I don't care for Limburger, or that awful goat cheese that's the color of peanut butter, I forget the name of it, and there's one I tried one time that was terrible but I don't know the name of it. Aside from that, cheese and I are bffs.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I love processed and white regular cheese. (but I don't want it salty)

5. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I do love cheese.. I tend to go for Havarti, Muenster, Baby swiss, provolone, cheddar, American, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan, Monterey jack. I don't go too crazy in trying lots of different cheeses, especially ones I have to pick the moldy crust off of, I can't do that. I also worry with my allergies to mold and specifically to Bleu cheese and feta to try lots of different ones I'm not familiar with.

6. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

Thanks RJ:D you should try some diffrent ones,, i bet you would surprise yourself;)
    Wenslydale is lovely,, a strong cheese crumbly in texture, and sadly dont keep for long once opened:)
    Goats Cheese:sick:yuk yuk yuk:shocked:
    have you tried other cheeses,, or do you just not fancy trying them:-/
    some there i aint heard of as well and maybe cant get here:-/ what about cream cheese,, oo and smoked cheese, i love the smoked flavour :)

7. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I love any and all cheese. Anything from gouda to blue cheese and goats cheese and mascarpone and and and. My favorite is probably brie and camembert and blue cheese. But like I said, any cheese will do!! :)

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I absolutely love Swiss and Gorgonzola cheese. They're just amazing. I also like Extra Sharp Cheddar, but only from Cabot. It makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich.

9. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Well, I come from the cheesehead state (for those unfamiliar that's Wisconsin) and I do love me some cheese. I don't go out of my way for anything fancy, I'm a really basic shopper. Whatever cheeses are on sale I'll be all "ohai 2 u cheese" and pick it up.

Though, my favorite is any variety of cheese curds. People outside the country may be unfamiliar with cheese curds, but they are basically fried breaded cheese balls. I actually prefer beer battered the most I think. However, I only eat them that way at a bar & grill, etc. When I shop at the market I eat them un-battered & cold, as they come that way.

I prefer my garlic toast with cheese. I love irish cheese bread. The list goes on, really.

EDIT: Oh. Before I forget:

I absolutely positively hate all forms of cheese cake. I really can't do it. I've tried so many variety and I wanted to like, I really did but now every time I think about it makes me barf.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  10. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

my sis likes warm brie on a bacon sarnie:)
    i love cheese toastie,, cheese n onoin,, cheese n tomato, cheese n ham:D
    you hate cheesecake:shocked::shocked:you are mad!:nod::lol::lol: