cheering heels

padd

Registered Member
We all know that faces are crowd pleasers and heels are not. But what do you call heels like Jericho who still get cheers ALL the time. and signs that read "Y2J SAVE US".

Or to further extent the rock, who was a heel yet still got cheered on quite alot.

to me.. those are not heels.. personally..

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trust me in a couple of weeks people won't be cheering for Jericho anymore, but that's a good thing, it means that he's doing his job the right way.

Personally I believe that the heels that get cheered aren't doing there job like they should, what I mean by that is that if your a heel, your job is to make sure that 99% of the fans hate you in that arena.

Look at Hogan, when he turned heeled he played it perfectly, everyone hated him afterwards, which means he got the job done.

Didn't the same thing happen with Batista vs HBK? HBK was trying for the heel role, but the crowd still cheered him.

Are the wrestlers allowed to shout at the crowd during a match? It seems pretty easy to get the crowd to hate you if you tell them to "shut up" or "your town is a joke" sort of thing. Eh..

padd

Registered Member
Trust me in a couple of weeks people won't be cheering for Jericho anymore, but that's a good thing, it means that he's doing his job the right way.

Personally I believe that the heels that get cheered aren't doing there job like they should, what I mean by that is that if your a heel, your job is to make sure that 99% of the fans hate you in that arena.

Look at Hogan, when he turned heeled he played it perfectly, everyone hated him afterwards, which means he got the job done.
haha well say what you want about Y2J, but no matter what if Raw comes to Winnipeg, Montreal or Toronto.. how many people will boo him, and cheer for HBK LOL

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah but that's a different story, if HBK comes to Canada, Face or Heel he'll get booed no matter what, it's just a given after the Montreal Screw Job. I love HBK but if I ever go see a Wrestling Event and he's there I'll boo him as well.