• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

check out the tree man

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
huh, its working for me? I tried to attach an image and it didn't work. It's about a guy that has these things growing on his arms that look like tree roots. Its amazing, you'll think its a Hollywood special effects trick.

Teorropy

That is one nasty man, I got the link to work, man, I about fell out of my chair. I feel so sorry for that man.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I got the page to load and wow, that guy looks like somebody out of the Fantastic Four... somewhat. Those are some crazy warts. It's good that he will have a chance to have them removed and lead a somewhat normal life. That is some crazy stuff!

dDave

V.I.P.
I would not want to be that guy it looks like his hands are completely covered in roots, there are not that many possible ways for this to happen.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What is the condition called? That poor guy's hands looked like something out of a Tolkien novel.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
What is the condition called? That poor guy's hands looked like something out of a Tolkien novel.
Quote from the article:

After testing samples of the lesions and Dede's blood, Dr Anthony Gaspari of the University of Maryland concluded that his affliction is caused by the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), a fairly common infection that usually causes small warts to develop on sufferers.

Dede's problem is that he has a rare genetic fault that impedes his immune system, meaning his body is unable to contain the warts.

The virus was therefore able to "hijack the cellular machinery of his skin cells", ordering them to produce massive amounts of the substance that caused the tree-like growths known as "cutaneous horns" on his hands and feet.