Cheating

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Bliss, May 20, 2009.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Have you ever cheated on anyone or have you ever been cheated on?

Personally I haven't had/done either. I am happy with the man I have and he satisfies me every single way.
    If he ever cheated on me I don't know what I'd do. I think it'd destroy me.
    I know he never would though.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I have never cheated on someone before. I've been cheated on before, and I really wouldn't wish that on anyone else. Cheaters get no second chances with me. It's something I cannot forgive and let go of.

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I've never been in a polygamous relationship. I don't like the word "Cheating" either. Cheating implies that you're breaking some kind of rule. And who's rule is it that you can only have one partner, anyway? That's your rule, not mine.

But, like I said, I've never cheated on anyone and I've never been cheated on. If I were, it wouldn't bother me so much that she was having sex with another man, it'd be more that she was having sex with another man without telling me. The deception is far worse than the actual other relationship, to me anyway.

Nibbles and Italiano like this.
  4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never cheated and never had anyone cheat on me. It'd be the end of probably any relationship for me if I ever found out I had been cheated on. Like Hiei said, the deception is the worst part. I'm not saying I'm happy she had intimate relations with another man (far, far from happy), but the deception is a serious blow to me.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well isn't this one of those topics that hits close to home.

I've done both. In less serious relationships I have cheated, but after the fact have come clean and ended the relationship (not that it justifies it in any way).
    But karma worked its wonders and it happened to me. When I was cheated on, it was with two people I probably trusted most in this world, my fiancé at the time, and my best friend. Makes it hard to trust anyone else. Since being cheated on however, I haven't cheated, and wouldn't again, not now I know how it feels.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Cheating implies that you are being unfaithful to a person. If you are in a relationship and you kiss someone else/have sex with someone else etc. without your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife knowing then yes you are breaking the trust.
    If you got into a relationship and made the other person aware you weren't that serious about them then it's completely different. Maybe you don't want to be with one person and commit to them. That is your choice.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

What haven't I done wrong? What hasn't happened to me? Some of us are destined to learn every major lesson the hard way.

8. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Cheating only implies that you're being unfaithful to your partner if you only believe in monogamous relationships. And like I said, that's your rules. Not mine. But I'll give you partial credit. I completely agree that you're breaking the trust if you don't let your partner know about it. I don't, however, think that you're cheating on your partner if you have another relationship. Look at the Mormons. They believe in polygamy and they're perfectly able to get along with each other.

But this thread isn't about polygamy at all, is it? It's only about people in monogamous relationships, and if their partner had a relationship with someone other than their monogamous partner.

9. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I have been in a polyamorous relationship before. I've seen two girls on a casual basis. We were all on the same level and they both knew about each other and on what circumstances we were seeing each other.

However in my monogamous relationships I have never cheated nor have I been cheated on. I've always believed that it's one of the worst feelings in the world to have someone betray your trust like that. I'm a little shielded when it comes to lending my feelings to other females because I'm paranoid about trusting them. I fear that I'll know that feeling someday and it makes me insecure, which doesn't feel much better.

Cheating is one of the lowest forms of dishonesty I can think of. It's betraying the emotional security that your man/woman entrusts to you and by breaking that I consider it a violation of one of the most precious responsibilities someone can give you.

I've already broken someone's heart in other ways and that made me feel guilty enough. I'll never cheat.

Bliss likes this.
  10. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Both. I will say that in each instance that I cheated I had already been cheated on by that person with one exception that I merely don't have any concrete evidence or a confession to say 100% but I am more than pretty sure. Put it this way, while it does suck and I wouldn't wish it on anyone either, if it does happen to you at some point you have to accept the fact that it happened pick up the pieces and keep it moving. I know this takes longer for some than others but after the 2nd or 3rd time you just know & learn how to say Fuck 'em, live goes on.

Last edited: May 21, 2009