cheapest meal in existence

troubl3dmind

Registered Member
I'm a poor college student and challenge all of you to a cheap recipe competition. The rules are as follows:

1. Easily obtainable (wal-mart, meijer, etc.)
2. Doesn't taste like crap.
3. Must be cheap.

I'm not a great cook so it can't be too complicated either! When I'm short on cash I'll buy a sack of potatoes and some cheese. I'll cut the potatoes into cubes and throw them in a pan with the cheese on top. It's actually pretty good and runs you about six bucks!

Last edited:

Sarra91

Registered Member
I'm a poor college student and challenge all of you to a cheap recipe competition. The rules are as follows:

1. Easily obtainable (wal-mart, meijer, etc.)
2. Doesn't taste like crap.
3. Must be cheap.

I'm not a great cook so it can't be too complicated either! When I'm short on cash I'll buy a sack of potatoes and some cheese. I'll cut the potatoes into cubes and throw them in a pan with the cheese on top. It's actually pretty good and runs you about six bucks!
macaroni and cheese. peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, creamed tuna on toast, cereal.. (I went through a forum like this a few weeks ago. It's quite fun! And sorry for the bits of sarcasm in here)

Sarra91

Registered Member
Alright. Personal Pizza with blueberry yogurt on top :p creative enough?

It's actually my favorite treat. Fruit, Meat, Dairy and Bread....

troubl3dmind

Registered Member
anyone like spicy food? what's something spicy and cheap? if you have hot sauce and butter you can buy a load of chicken to make buffalo chicken....

MMmmm I might have to hit up wally world! :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Wal-Mart sells $.99 burritos near their deli. They're super tasty for the price and they have a really spicy one. I think it's the blue wrapper.