Movies "Cheap Tuesday's"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Talking about going to the movie theater made me think of this trade.

Here in my area, movie stubs are 9.95$ Canadian, but on Tuesday's we have something callled Cheap Tuesday's, where all movie tickets are 5$ Canadian.

I was curious if you guys had something similar to this in your area, if you don't do you think it would be a good idea to have a day where all movie tickets are cheaper?

Also this question is for people who don't like going to the theater, if you had this in your area, do you think you'd go to the theater if they had "cheap Tuesday's"?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
ok. we have low prices for movie theaters in general.
we have cheaper theater days over here too.

generally a movie at the cinema costs less than 5$US if you go everyday after 5pm.
if you go everyday before 5pm it costs less than 3$US.
only on Monday it costs less than 2$US the whole day.
so i think it's a good idea for the variety of these prices.

so as you can see, i have the possibility to choose between prices...but still...i don't go to movie theaters not because it's expensive but because i'm not really interested.
so even if the prices were cheaper, i wouldn't go anyway.
in my case, it's not about the money, it's about low interest.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah we have stuff like that. In my area, or more specifically the Theatre I go to ticket prices are $7.99 if you go After 5pm. However if you make it to the theatre for a showing that is before 5pm the Matinee prices are always much cheaper, the theatre I go to, the price drops to $4.99 a ticket. Which lets be honest... 2 hours of entertainment for two people for just over $10 bucks after California Tax... No where can you find that value. Especially when its over 110 degrees outside and the Movie Theatres are always a nice cool 70 degrees :hah:

But yeah, Usually on Holidays they'll do "Matinee Prices all day" sort of sales. Like on New years for instance, we got in for Matinee price even though it was 10pm when we got to the theatre.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The movie theatre in my town very rarely does any kind of cheap tickets. I think last year some time they did half price tickets if you went on Monday and Tuesday's but I don't think there has been anything since then. I manage to cut costs by saying i'm a student and getting in for student prices ($11) instead of adult prices ($14.50).

Bliss

Sally Twit
We have something called "Orange Wednesday's" where you text "film" to a number from an Orange phone (network, not colour) and it's buy one ticket, get one free. You get a special code sent to your phone and you show it as you buy your tickets.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Talking about going to the movie theater made me think of this trade.

Here in my area, movie stubs are 9.95$ Canadian, but on Tuesday's we have something callled Cheap Tuesday's, where all movie tickets are 5$ Canadian.

I was curious if you guys had something similar to this in your area, if you don't do you think it would be a good idea to have a day where all movie tickets are cheaper?

Also this question is for people who don't like going to the theater, if you had this in your area, do you think you'd go to the theater if they had "cheap Tuesday's"?
Haha. We have cheap tuesdays too, and I wish our ticket prices were that cheap, it's like 9 bucks instead of the usual 12 bucks to get in.

I myself don't go to the movies in general, not bothered unless a friend is willing to pay for me haha!