Cheap/Free Good Hosting

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by LicentiousVenus, May 13, 2005.

1. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

Does anyone know of a place that offers either cheap or free hosting? I need one that costs less than 10 per month and includes e-mail.

I was going to get hosted for free but my source isn't going to have his business up for at least a couple months.

If you have any suggestings for a good host in general, that would help too.

2. redchinsu

redchinsu Registered Member

3. LicentiousVenus

thanks for the help...i'll have to check those out.

It kinda sucks when you think you have everything set up and then it not.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I can host you for $10 a month Licentious. Just let me know what you are looking for.

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I too was looking for web hosting and not sure if this is a good plan for $5.42 a month. I don't know much about GB's and MB's.

2500 MB Hosting
    40 GB Transfer
    24/7 phone support
    1 Domain hosted
    10 SubDomains
    100 POP3 accounts
    100 Email aliases
    1 MySQL database
    5 FTP accounts
    Front Page Extensions
    FREE Site Studio
    SPAM filter
    Anti-Virus filter
    E-mail filter
    POP3 server
    SMTP server
    5 Mailing lists
    Web based e-mail
    Catch-all e-mails
    Autoresponder emails
    E-mail forwarding
    Perl support
    PHP support
    PHP support in HTML files
    phpMyAdmin
    Crontab support
    Over 3400 Perl modules
    Instant account activation
    Custom MX and A records

SSL support
    SSI support
    SSH support - optional
    Unrestricted bandwidth
    Advanced Control Panel
    Web based File Manager
    Custom ERROR 404 page
    Password protected dirs
    Bandwidth stats
    Raw access and error logs
    Traffic stats - WebAlizer
    2.5 GBits network connectivity
    Stable Linux with Apache
    Daily data back-up
    UPS Power back-up
    Diesel back-up generator
    Extensive online help
    Integrated ticketing system
    1 hour response guarantee
    99.9% server uptime guarantee
    15 days money-back guarantee

6. LicentiousVenus

I'm not sure what is good for hosting as far as those are concerned. But it says it has unlimited bandwhich...i know that is good.

Thanks for your offer, I'll have to think about it.

I've gotten stumped as to how i want to design the site. I also need to build up an inventory of examples and so on. Its taking longer than I expected, mostly because I get side tracked with other things (like eBay).

At this point I'm not even sure what I'll need as far as hosting goes. Figured it was good to start looking though.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  7. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Most of my domains are with www.thinkhost.com I've been really happy with them, they will respond ASAP if I have even the slightest problem and are really nice. It's $14.99/month for first domain, but each domain after that (or subdomain) is only $1.00 more. Thats when I started saving $$. I have 3-4 domains that I have up and running at any given time so it ended up being less that if I hosted them seperately at my old place for $7.95 each (btw, www.hostsave.com sucks, they used to be really great, but then they got big and quit caring).

8. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I've used doteasy.com before. $25 a year. 100MB of storage and 1000 MB of trafic per month. 10 emails. They call it free, which means that you register a domain name for $25 a year and its free. Good support. Never had a problem.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well I did some thinking and decided that I don't want to bog down my dedicated with a bunch of other sites.. I would suggest looking into some of the above mentioned hosts. The main thing you want to pay attention to is the speed of the connection.

10. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Powweb.com is pretty cool because they had a thing where you sign up and get 6 months free. They had that offer about 2 months ago. I just checked their webiste and they still got that offer.