• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cheap Foods & Expensive Foods

Dabs

Registered Member
What is the cheapest food you eat, that you like very much??
Then, what would be the most expensive food that you enjoy a lot??
For me, the cheapest has to be Ramen Noodles...anyone ever eaten those??
They come in flavors such a chicken, beef, shrimp, and others.....they only costs 12 cents per package at the food store!
I guess the most expensive food I like would be ribeye steak :)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
They come in flavors such a chicken, beef, shrimp, and others.....they only costs 12 cents per package at the food store!
I think all of us has eaten Ramen Noodles at one point or another. But I have to go with the regular tacos from Jack in the Box though. 2 for a buck you can't beat that. The most expensive food that I enjoy alot and can't cook for shit if my life depended on it would be alligator. We have a restaurant near my house that has chefs that specialize in that area and it is delicious. I know it sounds weird to eat alligator but it tastes so good if seasoned correctly. The best way I can describe it would be like a mix between fish and chicken sort of.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Cheap food as in cost or nutritional value?
Ramen noodles are great but the flavor packets contain sodium and MSG. I just cook the noodles and add veggies because I like pasta.
But every now and then I get a craving for Beefaroni, just gotta have it now and then. Hotdogs are suppose to be cheap, and balogna and also full of garbage that's not nutritional.

Expensive? Avocados off season. Baby bok choy! Beef crown roast for the holidays. King crab legs or snow crab. Although all of these aren't that expensive. Recently I've become accustomed to hormone free beef and eggland's best or local farm boughten eggs. They really taste soooo much better than other products.

Really expensive in flavor, taste and history is peanut soup in Williamsburg Virginia at one of the historic restaurants where some of the greatest men in American history have wandered. Yummy.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I like a lot of cheap food, especially fast food, but the cheapest I have bought and eaten would have to be a 9p packet of custard :nod:

An expensive steak would probably be mine, too. My parents eat at a lot of really nice restaurants from time to time, it's just something they like to spend their money on, so when I go with them I don't actually pay for it myself. If it has to be something I've bought myself then, eh, I don't know! I don't like to pay a lot of money for something that's gone so quick.

Dabs

Registered Member
I think all of us has eaten Ramen Noodles at one point or another. But I have to go with the regular tacos from Jack in the Box though. 2 for a buck you can't beat that. The most expensive food that I enjoy alot and can't cook for shit if my life depended on it would be alligator. We have a restaurant near my house that has chefs that specialize in that area and it is delicious. I know it sounds weird to eat alligator but it tastes so good if seasoned correctly. The best way I can describe it would be like a mix between fish and chicken sort of.

Yeah, I would say, 2 tacos for a buck is a good deal!
But alligator huh??
I don't know how expensive alligator is, but it doesn't sound like I'll be spending my money on it.....I am sure I won't ever try that :shocked:

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Aligator is delish. It taste like bass or cod, not at all fishy and nice meaty flavor. It's usually served as an appetizer in New Orleans or Gator's Restaurants all over the South. Little bites, deep fried with dipping sauce.

When I fished in the Everglades we would occasionally and accidently catch a gator on the line. It's not legal to poach gators, but there is a big industry that does for the meat.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ramen ftw. Although here it is more scarce so they make it more pricey and I have to find stores that have it!

Expensive would be seafood like lobster or surf and turf meals (lobster and steak).

Bliss

Sally Twit
Pot Noodles I suppose. I don't eat them all the time but I do like them and they are cheap. You can usually get them for £1 or less.

I eat a lot of chicken so that'd be the most expensive food.

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm kinda snobby when it comes to cheap food, I would rather pay a little more and have something quality. I can't stand ramen noodles. The smell, the taste, the texture, just everything about them makes me feel ill.

Most expensive food I like is probably steak, because I like a good 21 day matured steak of the best cut. I don't have it often, but it's totally worth the cost when I do get it.

TX_Naturalist

Registered Member
My guilty, don't-feel-like-cooking food is Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff (Sp?).

Expensive foods - I love good food! There is a restaurant that i go to that uses all locally sourced products. They have a Chateauloin steak that is do die for! If I'm eating at home, it's usually something like rib-eyes or crab legs.