Chauncey: I'll Be In Detroit 'Barring Anything Crazy'

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Detroit Free-Press -
Reports out of Denver on Friday suggested that there is a realistic chance of Chauncey Billups returning to the Nuggets this summer.

On Friday, Billups said that people shouldn't get too far ahead of themselves.

"But I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Everybody knows I love Detroit and I want to be in and, barring anything crazy, hopefully that's how it works out," he said. "But one thing I know is you never know in this business."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...cey_ill_be_in_detroit_barring_anything_crazy/

B

bballinyao06

Wow, if Chauncey were to leave the Pistons and go back to the Nuggets, it would just be wierd. I think he's a good fit with the Pistons right now and if he goes to Denver, he won't be able to contribute as much because of Iverson and Melo being the main contributors. But he's right, you never know in the sports world because anything can happen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe that Chauncey will be in a Pistons uniform next season, because I believe he's loyal to the team. The Pistons were the first team to give him a real chance, and he's going to be loyal to them and resign them. I know it doesn't really work that way, but I believe it will be for this case.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Detroit News -
Joe Dumars had a brief sit-down conversation with impending free agent Chauncey Billups.

Dumars couldn't help notice a spate of newspaper stories popping up speculating about Billups' pending free agency.

"The only thing I said to him was, however you handle this is the way it's going to go," Dumars said. "If you allow it to continue, it will continue. If you shut it off, it will shut off. Just focus on what we're doing.

"And he said the same thing. He told me his interest wasn't to have stories pop up in every city we go to."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/45114/20070312/dumars_sits_down_with_billups/

B

bballinyao06

He should definitely stay with the Pistons. He has a great career going for him there right now and I don't think he needs to change that. He's one of the leaders on a top championship contender team. If he stays in Detroit, he'll most likely have a successful career and get his jersey retired but if he leaves, who knows what will happen....