Charting LeBron's evolution, debut by debut

S

scottmcgrady

CLEVELAND -- One of LeBron James' favorite canned quotes is, "I don't believe in pressure," which has a way of short-circuiting the media sessions he often finds more tiring than a 48-minute game.

It is a cute and cutting quote, even if it isn't really true -- there's good old human nature as well as a bunch of exhibits to the contrary, from his constant nervous nail-chewing to the airball he tossed up to start his first NBA playoff game on Saturday, not unlike the uncontested airball he launched to start his first NBA All-Star Game.

Yet there's no doubt James almost never lets pressure really get him down, even when he's facing uncharted conditions. As long-term observers know, he should not be underestimated in these situations.

From an eyewitness, here's a look at his five most meaningful debuts and his dazzling performances in each.
Look at the whole article here

I think that LeBron James is just too good for a 21 year old. If you look at all his debut's, you can't say that he is overrated because he is just better during the season now. What do you think?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's definitely not overrated, because he's just that amazing, but he's not the only one that loves to take the key shots at the key times, because every superstar loves to have the ball when they have a chance to win the game. Also I agree that he's been amazing at every debuts, I remember is first career game in the NBA against the Kings it was simply amazing.

F

fatboy

not over rated by any commentators or journalists. i think there might be some bron bron fans on here that have a biast opinion, and that is fine. he is definitely great and will be a legend in the game. 20 years from now people will be comparing current players to him like we do MJ, magic, bill russel, and so on. to say that he is the best player in the league is a little premature, but like i have said, to each his own. unfortunately opinions aren't going to make a player something he is not, or i would have to say Kobe is the greatest player at every thing in the league.