• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Charlie Hebdo's Italian quake victims

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Charlie Hebdo changed up it's focus to Italian earthquake victims with cartoons of the dead portrayed as different types of pasta. Italians that supported Hebdo after the hit by extremists with France have changed up their focus too. Italy is NOT happy with Charlie Hebdo.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/italians...-cartoon-showing-quake-victims-164711349.html

Thoughts?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That magazine is becoming the Westboro Baptist Church of magazines. Always crossing the line for shock value to get in the news. Charlie Hebdo, we were with you when you had your tragedy. Why can't you feel for others when they do? Joking about earthquake victims? That's bush league.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I sympathized with them when they were attacked but to make fun of people killed in an earthquake is too much. Wonder if they would have found it funny if people had made fun of their dead when they were attacked.

Of course they have the right to do this just like we have the right to call them insensitive, nuts or stupid for doing so but we don't have the right to kill them for it.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The "cartoons" speak volumes. I support free expression but I do have a moral red line. Charlie Hebdo crossed that line and kept walking. If all they want is shock then they totally do have mine. My brain can't even begin to wrap around what Hebdo did. Imo, those "artists" should be living in garbage landfills, not houses. Any respect I had for those people is totally gone.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
We're not Charlie anymore. Completely classless.