Charlie Brown & Co.

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Boredie, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

As a young girl I used to read Charlie Brown comics over and over, and only because we had a stack of the comic books at home.
    The characters are so colourful and full of life that I found myself relating to one or two of the characters as I was growing up.

if you've ever read the comics, you'll know what I mean.

There's Charlie Brown - a realist or pessimist(never quite decided) and one who suffers constantly from Murphy's law.
    Snoopy - the lovable dog with a human's mind and thoughts.
    Woodstock - Snoopy's Loyal friend
    Lucy - the bossy little girl who knows everything
    Schroder - Music (Bethoven in particular) is his life
    Linus - Innocent and sweet, always with a security blanket.
    Then there are other characters but I don't know them too well:
    PigPen, Sally, Violet, Sherman and a few others.

Chip in and add your thoughts :)

2. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Charlie strips were limited to me. I grew up with Astrix and Hitchcliff. Those taught me quite a few vauluble things: Alcohol changes perfectly good people.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Reading "Peanuts" was the highlight of my Sunday mornings as a child. The youngest kid in my neighborhood, I was picked on and beaten up my fair share as a preschooler. Fellow Minnesotan Charles Schulz's round-headed alter ego, the personification of underdoggery, was a hero to me for his ability to keep finding hope under perennially discouraging circumstances. And Snoopy, of course; he was just a flat-out, don't-give-a-shit badass.

4. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Being bullied builds charactar right? And look how you turned out, a genius...or am I pushing it?

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Good grief.

[​IMG]

Boredie likes this.
  6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I've always liked Lucy. It's not because she's bossy (in Archie comics I actually prefer Betty over bossy Veronica) but because she's able to do what I know I would like to do when I get older:

[​IMG]

7. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I loved Lucy, cause for some reason I felt superior to my older brothers so I related to her a lot.
    In other ways I felt connected to Charlie Brown, well, we all know what he's like.