Charity days at work

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Bliss, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

What do you think of these?

Today we have to wear something pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. Now, if you choose NOT to wear at least one pink artical of clothing you have to pay £5.00. If you DO wear something pink you have to pay £1.00.
    I think it's nice to raise money for a good cause but I don't think people should be forced to pay a set amount of money. I only have one pink top and I hate it. I'm wearing it today because I am too embarassed to say I don't want to pay £5.00. I have to budget each month and yes it might not sound like a lot of money but in the middle of the month I would not want to give that much away. :-/

2. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

The idea is nice, but as you said having a set amount of money to donate is not the right way to go, imo. It should have been geared to the idea of having to donate more than 1 pound.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I guess it's a nice idea in theory, but I agree with what Boredie said. It should be set up that there is a lowest donation, say of $1, and then everyone is encouraged to donate more if they can or want to.

4. Squeakers

Squeakers Registered Member

Yeah I agree with Impact. It is a nice idea and we may be more fortunate than them but some people still can't afford to help people in a money way.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I just don't agree with telling someone they have to pay a certain amount of money. You should be allowed to donate as much or as little as you want.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We have similar things, like if we want to wear jeans then we have to pay around two dollars or something of that nature. But with that being said nobody is forced to so. I think that should be the same thing everywhere.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah I'm not a fan of the pulling money from people thing but I think they could be much more creative than this and still get money out of people.