Chargers prez hints L.T.'s time in S.D. may be over

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
All I have to say is hopefully Sproles can stay as consistent as LT was in the past. I mean this is the classic case of a team being built around a player and then suddenly thinking "nah, we dont want that player anymore".

I could be wrong but there may be a lot of Charger fans who most likely wont be to into this move, but then again maybe its the opposite, maybe alot of Charger fans are sick and tired of only getting so far and really wanna shake the tree ;)

Me personally I dont care either way, just as long as they put on a good show... I am concerned for their next season though if they go through a move like that and rely on just Sproles. I dunno... I just dont trust the guy yet :hah:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally think it's pretty stupid. Thomlinson is arguably the best running back in the league, and even though he's been injured during the last two seasons or so, he can still play this game and dominate it as well.

I know they have Sproles who has potential, but I am thinking there probably mad that they couldn't keep Turner.

Very bad idea for two reasons. One, he may be aging but he's still got plenty of talent to show and it would be a waste. Second is that LT is to the Chargers what Peyton Manning is to the Colts and that would most definitely split the fanbase, and I don't think that's what they want.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Babe, I'm sorry, but I just don't trust your opinion on football anymore.

Should just hang up the cleats and retire? If he feels that he's still able to play at a high level then he deserves his shot with another team. The man is a competitor and won't quit until he feels he isn't healthy enough to be a featured back or he feels that he as accomplished what he wants to with his career. He doesn't have a Super Bowl win. I can assure you that if he isn't on the Chargers next season he will be on a contender that needs a solid starting running back like the Patriots, Dolphins, Bucs, or Cardinals, or Broncos. In fact, he'd be a great fit in Denver and an even better fit for the Cardinals. They already have their bruiser back and L.T. can bring the much needed end of game finesse.

L.T. isn't going to retire for several seasons barring a career ending or extremely serious injury.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I like Sproles, he has speed and is dangerous in space, but an every down 16 game + Back... doubtful. They already just gave up the #2 rusher in the league second only to AP in Turner. To then cut LT lose the very next season... stupid stupid stupid. I have to imagine Norv will fight this.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I am not going to lie. Selling LT while he is in demand in the market would be a smart business move by the Chargers.

Actually there were rumors of LT retiring half-way into the season Steve.

He was contemplating retiring not at the end of this season but within the next two.

I think they will alienate some fans...all LT has done was give them 1000 yard seasons and been one of the most versatile RBs in the league.

The NFL is a business and players are a commodity. LT could go for a 2nd or 1st round draft pick still to most teams.

He is the best RB currently active in the NFL IMO. Adrian is up there but LT has had season after season of consistent performance and that surpass what All-Day has done (since he has only been around 2 seasons).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Steve, LT has been saying for the last few seasons or so now that he might retire at an early age. Thats the reason why I said he might hang up his cleats. I know he's still young and has a lot of football in him, but he's been rought up the last few seasons and has been injured a lot, so he might just call it quits. It won't surprise me one bit if he does.