Character Interview: Tiln al-Nya

Well figured I'd join in the fun, I've got a few ideas for Tiln, and have been thinking about a story with him for a while, so let's see what happens. Maybe this will help!

A reminder:

Name: Tiln al-Nya
Genre: Fantasy
Home Location: Berrin City

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
What is your world like in terms of race? Are you human or something else? How are relations between races (and if not races, nations and peoples)?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm curious about Berrin City. What is the employment situation there?
What kinds of jobs are offered, and how easy is it to find a job?
Is it a large city, with lots of building?
How long have you lived there?
What do you do there on a daily basis, do you have a job of some sort?

What kinda question is that? I mean sure we've got humans, who doesn't have humans?! I guess we also got the Velkins. Not a bad bunch if you ask me, but that's just me. They look almost human, a little shorter, with a tail. Most people don't like them, I guess that's on account that they kind've look like a rat, but I don't see what the big deal is. I mean we're all basically rats down here anyway, fighting for whatever food we can get.

I do remember one time at the Neltyn Inn, it's owned by this fat old man, he yells more than talks, and kinda hops. Weird guy, never liked him that much, anyway one time I remember seeing a Velkin stabbed, right there in the common room, and what do ya think happened? Nothing, left the sucker there for most of the night before he finally died.
------
I'm curious about Berrin City. What is the employment situation there?
What kinds of jobs are offered, and how easy is it to find a job?
Is it a large city, with lots of building?
How long have you lived there?
What do you do there on a daily basis, do you have a job of some sort?
Employment situation? What do you think I am some kind of city official or something? I don't know what the employment situation is. All I know is this: you're either rich or poor. You either eat or you don't. If I knew how people were rich don't you think I'd be rich?

I guess it's a big city, I wouldn't really know. What do you consider a large city? I mean we've got a few inns over here on the east side, I couldn't tell you much about the west side though. Don't go over there too much, it's too clean for me. I'd stick out like a sore thumb and that's the last thing you need to do on the west side.

What do I do? The same thing every other person on the east side does. I live. I eat. I sleep. Isn't that what all people do? I mean what are you looking for? I'm not going to tell you everything, like I said, I survive on what I know. It's what you got to do. What that means for each day: I don't know, all I know is I'm alive and eating at the end of it.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Why are you so defensive? Did something happen to you that changed your view of the world?

I'm not much for talking about what did or didn't happen in my own life. I mean really isn't it the same story everywhere you ask? I've grown up on the streets of East side for as long as I can remember. I don't know what you mean by being defensive, I'd like to think I'm a survivalist. You gotta be smart ya know, to get by. No one's going to give you nothing, you gotta take it. Everyone here on the east side learns that one way or another. I can't say anything happened to me thats much worse than what happens to everyone on east side, it's life.

You take what you can get when you can get it. Whether that means you snag some cash from some idiot from the west that decides to venture over, you entertain people at the inn, or you remind someone that you're stronger than them it doesn't matter. What matters is at the end of the day you ate.

I can't say much about outside Berrin, but this is life to me.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Can you describe a recent pickpocketing adventure? How well did it turn out, did you get the prize? Do you have any friends?

Pickpocket? Who said anything about pick pocketing? I can't stand that lot. Fact of the matter is you either man up and take it from them where they can see it or you don't. The whole sneaking around thing, going un-noticed and running away like a little girl. It's repulsive. There ain't no such thing as free money, you gotta earn what you get. You get caught stealing up front, you just don't get the cash, you get caught pick pocketing you lose your hand. Plain and simple.

Friends? Course I got friends, what do you think I am, a stitch?! I mean most friends don't last long they either run out of uses or die, but I mean I got a few that tag along for whatever reason. Most of them are younger than me, but I think that's just how it works. We got a group though, some twelve of us. No one messes with us because they know what'll happen.

Parents? Have you never been to Berrin before? People don't have time for kids in the East, I told you already: it comes down to one thing: you eat or you don't. Nobody has time to worry about feeding another thing. I was most likely the result of some prostitute and a drunk. That ain't really nothing off my back either. I think it would be pretty annoyin havin' someone constantly telling me what to do or how to do it. I raised myself an' I ain't to bad off, plus I'm alive so you know I did well.