• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chara avoids suspension

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So I'm fucking pissed. Zdeno didn't get a suspension about this hit.

YouTube - Zdeno Chara hits Max Pacioretty Mar 8, 2011

Once chara decided to make a hit, not only did he commit inter...ference, but he took responsibility for the consequences if patches hit a very dangerous part of the boards in a violent manner. The rule is there to prevent hits exactly like that because there's no recourse for the guy being hit. Its up to the hitter to know where he is on the ice, if its a dangerous area and to not make hit if its either by a stanchion or in that 3-6 feet from the boards zone where you tend to launch guys.

That's my PG version of what I really feel right now.

BigBob

Registered Member
Good for Chara. He didn't deserve to be suspended for this hit. Like it's been said, it takes a second for that hit to happen. He had no intention to put him into the buckle there, so it's a good call by the league to me. No suspension, no fine. Good job NHL.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll behave and keep what I really want to say to myself.

He uses his elbow to push Pacioretty to the boards, he clearly knew where he was on the ice and was looking for retrobution for an incident that happen between these two players earlier in the season. I don't care if Chara has never been known for being a dirty player, if that was Matt Cooke instead of Chara he would of gotten suspended.

Also don't you have a heart? Good for Chara? Pacioretty got a Grade 4 concussion and fractured a veterbrae. He might not play hockey again. Good for Chara my ass. Go fuck yourself Chara is more like it.

BigBob

Registered Member
I have a heart, but didn't you know that hockey was a violent sport? Did Chara call you up and let you know he was going to intentionally hurt him? No. If you actually watch the video, Chara wasn't looking and just went to throw a check on him.

Of course if it was Cooke, he wouldn't been suspended BECAUSE HE IS DIRTY.

Again, like I said. I'm glad the NHL made the right decision.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hockey is a fast sport, but you do know when you hit someone, and you know what your intentions are. We'll never know if Chara meant it, but I'm a firm believer that he did mean to hit him. But like most Hab haters, you can call me bias.

Your argument about Chara wasn't looking makes no sense, how was he able to lay that vicious hit if he wasn't looking?

BigBob

Registered Member
Hockey is a fast sport, but you do know when you hit someone, and you know what your intentions are. We'll never know if Chara meant it, but I'm a firm believer that he did mean to hit him. But like most Hab haters, you can call me bias.

Your argument about Chara wasn't looking makes no sense, how was he able to lay that vicious hit if he wasn't looking?
You don't have to be looking at someone to lay a vicious hit. If Chara skates full speed down the ice with his head down, not looking where he's going. If someone's in the way, he's going to fuck them up because of his size. It wasn't even a vicious hit. The only thing that made it vicious was that he hit his head off the buckle. Chara didn't even do that much. Of course he meant to hit him. I'm not sure I've ever seen a hit where a player didn't mean to hit anyone.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry, but again your argument fails Bob, did you even look at the video?(I know you did) he clearly throws his elbow towards Pacioretty. I don't know how you can say Chara wasn't even looking at him. He clearly knew where he was, who beat him to the puck, and he knew wanted to do, and that's hit him. Now like you said, we'll never know if the intent was there, and I want to believe Chara when he said that he didn't mean to hurt him like that.

But to me, he's been playing hockey his whole life, he knows the arena's inside out, he knew where he was and what he was doing.

Just look at the video again, and look at his forearm/elbow, look what it does to Pacioretty.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Okay I just watched the video...

The first replay I didn't think there was much intent to do extra physical harm but there was a replay towards the end where it looked like Chara's head was up and he did that with the intent to injure. The announcers even said those two have had a history with each other.

I doubt Chara meant for him to be injured that severely and I'm not sure he could have known where he was on the ice to hit the buckle. The game goes so fast there's no way he thought, "oh nice, I'm going to ram him into the buckle here." I still think given the fact the puck was gone from the play and what ended up happening that he needed to be fined and suspended a couple of games. I've seen things far worse get far worse punishment.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another reason why I'm so mad he didn't get suspended is because now the players think doing something like this is okay. If he got a suspension then players would be more aware that you'll get punished for this kind of act.

The NHL are by far the worst when it comes to punishing there players.

More proof that the league is managed by a bunch of monkeys.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357385

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
Sorry, but again your argument fails Bob, did you even look at the video?(I know you did) he clearly throws his elbow towards Pacioretty. I don't know how you can say Chara wasn't even looking at him. He clearly knew where he was, who beat him to the puck, and he knew wanted to do, and that's hit him. Now like you said, we'll never know if the intent was there, and I want to believe Chara when he said that he didn't mean to hurt him like that.

But to me, he's been playing hockey his whole life, he knows the arena's inside out, he knew where he was and what he was doing.

Just look at the video again, and look at his forearm/elbow, look what it does to Pacioretty.
I never said Chara wasn't looking at him. I said you don't HAVE to look at someone to lay a vicious hit. Yeah, I know Chara meant to hit him, and yeah, I know Chara pushed him at the end of him. You say he was doing it to hurt him, I say he was doing it to get him off him so he could go after the puck.

Last edited by a moderator: