TV Channel Surfing

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Nightsurfer, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi there my fellow couch potatoes [​IMG]

So what do you do when your shows go to commercial? Do you stay tuned, surf the channels, or do you flip between shows?

I tend to surf the channels, as soon as a commercial comes on I grab the remote and away I go to the next bit of entertainment, till another commercial comes on and then I am off again.

Now if I am watching a particular show that I don't want to miss a thing then I will leave it till the show comes back on, but most of the time i'm channel surfing.

So how about you, are you a channel surfer, or do you wait for the show to come back on?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I am indeed a channel surfer. Since I got Sky I often switch between programmes before it even gets to the adverts. I really dislike adverts lately so if I am watching a programme I am really into I'd still watch something else until it came back on. The only problem there is I am scared I'll want to watch something else if I see a programme showing that I love. It's hard having a lot of channels!

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I usually flip channels if anything else is on. If nothing decent is on then I'll force myself to sit through the commercials. When I'm watching college football I always flip from game to game when one of them goes to a commercial break.

Bliss likes this.
  4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I stay on the same channel.

Especially when it comes to some sports, if the Blue Jackets are playing an important game I have a certain routine I gotta keep and changing the station would be blasphemy! It would be certain doom for the score of the game :hah:

But even regular Tv, I dont watch a whole lot anyway but when I do I'll sit through commercials. Channel Surfing bugs me 'cause I'm always afraid of missing that couple of seconds a person always misses while surfing. You just never know what went on before you remembered to flip it back on!

Bliss likes this.
  5. agphoenix

agphoenix Everything goes.

I usually just use the TV for watching movies [personal DVD's, Blu-ray] and console games. But when I do watch it, I channel surf ALL the time. It doesn't even have to be when an advertisement is on. I'll get bored of something on the channel in about 2 minutes and click.

The only exception is 'The Family Guy'. Nobody touches anything at any point during the time period from when Louis starts playing the piano till the last credit has actually scrolled off screen.

6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I usually stick with the channel. I don't really see the point in channel surfing between commercials since it's not like you can get that much entertainment in the 2.5 - 3 minutes of a commercial break.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm defenitely a channel surfer, most of the commercials are extremely bad, and I've seen them about 100 times each, so I like to move on to some other show that I like till the program that I was watching comes back on.