• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV changing faces

redroses

Registered Member
i have noticed in soaps they often take a character away for a while and then when they bring the same character back its a completly different person sometimes they're even clearly alot older i think they would be better just permantly getting rid of the character i find it really offputting when they do this

Dabs

Registered Member
The last time I watched a soap opera was way back in about 1997 or so.
All My Children was the only soap I watched..and I remember Susan Lucci never aged ~LoL~
It was aggravating to see someone have a small child.....then poof!..one day, that small child is off to college.
And when you get used to a certain person playing that role...when they replace them with a new person, it's hard to get used to.
I can't think of any names at the moment either......but it's been eons since I have watched any soaps.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This happens in movies, too. I'm pretty sure they changed the woman that played Pam in all three Focker movies. Rachel Dawes was played by a different woman in both Batman movies. It happens all of the time.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Yeah I've seen this happeb quite a few times. To be honest I don't like this. When I get used to certain faces I don't want other ones.