Change Posting Sprees

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Major, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think the posting spree either needs some change or needs to go. With people having other members post for them while they're away, or logging on only to keep the spree going, it has become a meaningless stat that you actually receive awards for.

I say make the posting spree be "consecutive days with 10 posts or more". Anybody can make 1 post a day for as long as they want without really contributing to the forum. 10 posts a day will take a lot more dedication, gives some incentive to post, and could help make the forum a lot more active again.

Anyone agree?

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

And it's not working properly. I haven't posted for more than 48hrs in the past days and I still have my spree.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I personally could care less about any of the sprees or stats anymore.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

:hah: I guard my username/password like crazy! I couldnt imagine giving it out to someone else to post for me. Crazy to think thats been tried.

I just got the 180.... the 360 is the next one and thats a ways off. 10 posts a day is some dedication, I know for a fact if that were the case I'd have lost my spree along time ago. There have been days where I'm just not around a computer and only had minimal time to post via my phone!

However if thats the general consensus... I dont want to be the sand in y'alls butt crack, consider me another bandwagon vote.

5. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

10 posts a day is A LOT!!!
    Some days I post loads but other days I don't have so much to say.
    I don't wanna feel like I would have to hold back making posts just to even things out so I could get an award. :(

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Most of the awards are pointless but the spree award is heavily factored in for the rep...so I think leaving it the same is fine.

7. Major

Well the award levels would be changed. The first one could be 7 days in a row instead of 30 or something.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

With thousands of members it's next to impossible to do a 10 posts per day thing. The way it works now is much easier on the database simply checking if the member posted that day. Calculating HOW MANY posts they made that day would kill the server each time the sprees updated.

9. Major

Well the system is broken anyway since it can't even detect when ysabel's spree is supposed to end.

But yeah, if that's how it's going to work then I'd say remove spree from the awards and the stats page and use it only for rep power.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Hey speaking of Spree awards...

Was the Thread Spree ever going to be considered for an Award?