Chance to see a sporting event of your choice

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If you had the chance to see one sporting event of your choice which one would it be and why?

There's a few boundaries in this thread though, let's say you select The British Open(Golf) it can only be one round, same thing if you choose a Wimbledon match, it can only be one match.

What would you select?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Man, tough question. There's a ton of sporting events I'd love to go to. As much as I'd love to go to the final round of the Masters, I've already been to several US Opens and other golf tournaments, so I can rule that out.

I'm torn between three things right now.

1. Ohio State/Michigan football game

2. Ohio State playing in the Rose Bowl

3. A soccer game. Either the World Cup final, Champions League final, even just an English Premier League game between two top teams.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's very hard to choose for me too. There's so many possibilities.

Here's a few that I would definitely love to go to.

-Rose Bowl
    -Super Bowl
    -Wimbledon Finals
    -Canadiens Stanley Cup Final game
    -World Series game

I could actually keep it up for ten minutes, but that would defeat the purpose of the thread.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Two sporting events immediately pop into my head. The Super Bowl & Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. If I had to choose? The Super Bowl. It'd just be icing on the cake if the Titans somehow managed to make it to it.

5. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

There are five things that immediately pop to my head:

1. The Grey Cup featuring my Winnipeg Blue Bombers, the only sports team I really follow religiously. They have yet to win in my lifetime

2. Game 7 of the Stanley Cup. I have seen the Memorial Cup championship and a couple Calder Cup games and honestly, not alot of sporting events can compare to a hockey game when all the chips are down.

3. Super Bowl. Really doesn't matter who's playing, this is one of the greatest sporting events ever.

4. The World Series, I love baseball and more specifically, playoff baseball.

5. March Madness during the early rounds. I'd love to get tickets during the 64 and 32 team rounds, where you watch basketball all day at the arena and wait for upsets. Not a big basketball fan but I love watching MM.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

World Cup finals definitely!

And now that I understand American Football, I think it'll be awesome to watch the Super Bowl.

idisrsly likes this.
  7. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

Snowboard park / skateboard park..

do i realy need to explain those pics? i love snowboarding and like skateboarding. so depending on the season i whould go to snowboarding during winter and skateing during summer. and posible extreme kayaking(but not over skate)

8. Juan_Pablo

Juan_Pablo Registered Member

-A World Series match. If I ever go watch a WS match the Mets are going to be involved. Once a cousin of mine saw the Mets in the World Series, in the year 2000. They lost though :sigh:.

-A Stanley Cup finals matchup, preferably with the New York Rangers.

-A World Series finals game.. preferably with Italy or Mexico.. or both. :D

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

A Stanley Cup Finals game for sure, obviously the cup winning game would be the best thing ever.

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I'd probably add the Daytona 500 to my list, although I've heard it's better (and easier) to watch on TV.