• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

#ChampOwensChamp

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think we might have seriously seen the best ending to RAW this week in years. Probably the best since Seth Rollins betrayed The Shield. Tonight's main event had everything we could ask for as wrestling fans.

Plus, so many questions leaving to be answered: Where do Stephanie, Mick & Seth go from here? And why Triple H did it? Will Jericho still have KO's back? Man, can't wait for next week!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I care not how the belt got on Kevin Owens. I just care that it's on Kevin Owens.

thealigator

Registered Member
Having only recently gotten back into watching wrestling on a weekly basis recently I have been out of the loop on what has been happening but I gotta say I loved this ending. It was great seeing Owens winning the title, the look on his face and when he had to think about going for the cover as if it were a trick was glorious though I wonder how long it will be for.

It was wonderful seeing him decieve Rollins because I think everyone just assumed how it would go.

Roman? I wonder if this was done because Trips and Vince still want him to go over with the fans, that he was cheated out of a real chance by someone who should never have been there to begin with so will he demand a title shot? Something inside me says this was done not to bury him but to try to big him up otherwise why not have Big Cass pin him?

I think Mick and Steph could have done more. Whilst Steph looked mildly angry she didn't show much emotion and surely Mick would have wanted to try to stop it and or restart the match? As he is the GM is it not in his interest that this sort of thing does not happen?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If injuries are a non-factor, Kevin Owens needs a long run with the Title. I think he will make a great champion and I hope that he holds the belt til at least Royal Rumble.

So many possibilities of feuds with him in the next upcoming months, and he should win them all.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Having only recently gotten back into watching wrestling on a weekly basis recently I have been out of the loop on what has been happening but I gotta say I loved this ending. It was great seeing Owens winning the title, the look on his face and when he had to think about going for the cover as if it were a trick was glorious though I wonder how long it will be for.

It was wonderful seeing him decieve Rollins because I think everyone just assumed how it would go.

Roman? I wonder if this was done because Trips and Vince still want him to go over with the fans, that he was cheated out of a real chance by someone who should never have been there to begin with so will he demand a title shot? Something inside me says this was done not to bury him but to try to big him up otherwise why not have Big Cass pin him?

I think Mick and Steph could have done more. Whilst Steph looked mildly angry she didn't show much emotion and surely Mick would have wanted to try to stop it and or restart the match? As he is the GM is it not in his interest that this sort of thing does not happen?
The thing is that in the WWE hierarchy, while Stephanie is the commissioner of RAW and Mick the GM, Triple H is still the COO of the company. So, basically, even if it doesn't make any sense because of their relationship, Stephanie answers to Triple H and Triple H's authority in this scenario supercedes Stephanie or Mick's.

If injuries are a non-factor, Kevin Owens needs a long run with the Title. I think he will make a great champion and I hope that he holds the belt til at least Royal Rumble.
Most definitely agree. Survivor Series is coming to Toronto and the next night, RAW is in Montreal. There's no way you can pass on Kevin Owens showing up in Montreal without the Universal Championship around his waist. It's gonna be one of those most memorable nights in RAW history.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd rather hear a toddler's opinion on wrestling than Vince Russo's.

Kevin Owens being champ this soon in his (WWE) career is just amazing. He earned every bit of it. For so many reasons, we've never seen a wrestler like him before. Even if it's under the circumstance of Balor being hurt, WWE is so smart to pull the trigger with this.

Story-wise, I could see Hunter's interference being more about screwing Seth and less about a third version of "the man" under the authority's protection. I wouldn't mind if that's the case, but I see Owens being a dominant heel champ on his own.

The first time I was ever able to watch ROH in the mid 2000s, it was Steen/Owens doing the things he did to El Generico/Sami Zayn that really made the company stand out to me. I'm so happy to see Owens at this level.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't know what will be the kayfabe explanation for Triple H turning on Seth Rollins but I wouldn't be shocked if it goes along the line of Triple H being tired of enabling Seth Rollins and him thinking everything would be handed to him. But in that case, that can't make Rollins the babyface but more Triple H and by proxy, Kevin Owens.

In the meantime, ESPN personality Amin Elhassan provoked outrage after mocking Kevin's son Owen after his wife posted a video showing the reaction of Owen when he found out that this dad won the Universal Championship. True to himself, Elhassan kept trolling people and that outraged even more people, including Cody Rhodes - who asked WWE to cut ties with TMZ & ESPN (TMZ released the 911 call when Dusty was hospitalized and died a few days later) - and Mick Foley, who's hoping to get an on-air apology from ESPN. Many other wrestlers including the Iron Sheik, Titus O'Neil, Ricochet & Jade (Mia Yim) publicly supported Kevin & company. Even Jonathan Coachman called out Elhassan on his behavior on Twitter.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That ESPN thing was particularly rich considering his employer launched a wrestling vertical about a week ago.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Amin Elhassan apologized yesterday but obviously, literally no one bought his half-assed apology since the incriminating tweet was still on his account.

Moving on.....a local ad in Indianapolis says that Kevin Owens will be defending the Universal Championship vs Seth Rollins at Clash of the Champions!