• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chale Sonnen before GSP

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
For Anderson Silva's next fight. No date has been set as of yet.

Now I think Chale's definitely a guy who will go in this fight calm, cool, confidant and collected.
...From the sounds of it, he dislikes Anderson, has no respect for him as a fighter and never considered him the best pound-for-pound fighter in the 185 lb. weight division.

As far as stating who I think would win. That's a tough, tough call... Couldn't make one even if I wanted to!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off that shirt is hilarious

Second off, I don't understand why Dana White doesn't give what the fans want, it's clear that the two best pound for pound MMA fighters in the wolrd are GSP and Silva(in my opinion.)

The fans want to see it, why not give them what they want? Silva and GSP haven't had a real challenge in the last year or so. These would bring the best out of each other, and no one would hold back.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
First off that shirt is hilarious

Second off, I don't understand why Dana White doesn't give what the fans want, it's clear that the two best pound for pound MMA fighters in the wolrd are GSP and Silva(in my opinion.)

The fans want to see it, why not give them what they want? Silva and GSP haven't had a real challenge in the last year or so. These would bring the best out of each other, and no one would hold back.
This is what I think...
Dana's pissed off at Anderson rightnow and basically said that if he pulls that crap again like he did with Damien Maia in Abu Dhabi last weekend, he's going to cut him out of the UFC...(I'll try and find the link for you).
...Now, with that said, Chael Sonnen is in the same weight division as Anderson and has been wanting to have a go at him for the past 3 years and is due for a title shot, blahblahblah. Now is his time. I think I've read somewhere that they're thinking UFC 117 for this particular fight buttt, Anderson has yet to accept.
...Chale Sonnen (even though he's not taken lightly in the UFC) is still an "underdog" so-to-speak and quite possibly the, "play it safe for the UFC" guy just incase Anderson gives another disappointing show for the fans. I mean can you imagine how much they'd make off the GSP / Silva fight??? LOADS!!!

The UFC has a reputation to keep and if Anderson continues to "showboat", to me (and possibly others?) he does not deserve to fight GSP.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off, White is only talking out of his butt if he says he'll cut Silva, he's a huge draw and there's no way he'll want to lose the money he gets from him.

Second, it's obvious that Silva only shot boats because he doesn't feel his opponents can give him a challenge. No offense to Chale(haven't seen him all that much) but he's no match for Silva and it should be another easy victory for Anderson.

This is why I believe you make the GSP/Silva match happen, like I mentioned earlier both of these guys are arguably the best pound for pound MMA fighters in the wolrd. I'm sure Anderson knows all about GSP and wouldn't take him lightly like he's done with his opponents in his last few matches.

One more thing I wanted to add, White is all about making money, getting Pay Per View buys, and putting on the best show for the fans. Why not make GSP/Silva happen right now, than later?

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
First off, White is only talking out of his butt if he says he'll cut Silva, he's a huge draw and there's no way he'll want to lose the money he gets from him.

Second, it's obvious that Silva only shot boats because he doesn't feel his opponents can give him a challenge. No offense to Chale(haven't seen him all that much) but he's no match for Silva and it should be another easy victory for Anderson.

This is why I believe you make the GSP/Silva match happen, like I mentioned earlier both of these guys are arguably the best pound for pound MMA fighters in the wolrd. I'm sure Anderson knows all about GSP and wouldn't take him lightly like he's done with his opponents in his last few matches.

One more thing I wanted to add, White is all about making money, getting Pay Per View buys, and putting on the best show for the fans. Why not make GSP/Silva happen right now, than later?
Here's the link::)
YouTube - Dana White Goes Off on Anderson Silva on Jim Rome

I honestly and wholeheartedly think that if Dana "The Angel of Death" (lol) White says he'd let Anderson Silva go, he'd do it. Now, I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of Dana White's because I'm not, I think he's done some stupid things but you've got to give that man credit for turning this sport around and giving all those tallented fighters a chance to "shine" and do what they love for a living and I think if he (Dana White) thinks Anderson Silva's going to be a liability to the sport / UFC's reputation, he's going to give him his walking papers.
...Anderson Silva isn't the be all end all in MMA. Every single fighter has an uphill, peak and downhill and Anderson's one of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Silva's and like you and many, many other fans, I would absolutely LOVE to see him and GSP fight but I wouldn't be sad to see Anderson Silva be drop-kicked out of the Octagon if he acted like an unprofessional twat again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0FmI_HNCps