Chad Pennington

Blueyes

Registered Member
Okay, so now that Favre is the man in New York, where is Pennington going because I haven't found anywhere where it says he has been looking to go to but he's not staying according to this article on the NFL site.

Brett's Arrival Means Chad's Departure

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Someone who needs a good backup QB will snag him pretty quickly, or if I were the Jets I would hold on to him rest him on the sidelines and use him as a backup role in case Favre goes down, Pennington is not a terrible QB just injury prone, when healthy he has led the Jets to the playoffs a few times.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Ya but he won't just sit there and wait for his turn to become the starter again and Favre's is not that injury prone to begin with. He mentions that he doesn't want to stay because of this now and I can't really blame him considering he has been the starter for however many years. Is Frerotte that bad to replace him? Granted he's old now but still. I don't really follow the Vikings so I have no clue.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ya but he won't just sit there and wait for his turn to become the starter again and Favre's is not that injury prone to begin with. He mentions that he doesn't want to stay because of this now and I can't really blame him considering he has been the starter for however many years. Is Frerotte that bad to replace him? Granted he's old now but still. I don't really follow the Vikings so I have no clue.
Frerrotte was on the Rams last year and was just dreadful...I think his career is as good as dead.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's rumoured to be going to the Minnesota Vikings. I'm sure a team will sign him, he's a good quarterback. He might not have a strong arm, but he finds his open teammates. Should be interesting though to see how long he stays un-signed for.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
As far as I've heard the Dolphins contacted his agent and they are the only team to officially had contact with Chad.

I actually quite like Chad. He's a good quarterback (I was reading an article about him and it said that out of quarterbacks with at least 1500 attempts in NFL history, he has the highest completion percentage) but he is just really unlucky when it comes to injuries. I would like to see him get traded somewhere and really flourish.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The Dolphins need him fairly badly. The Bears look like they're sticking it out with Grossman, again, but they really need a QB, too.

minnesota, i reckon. they need a solid back up behind Tavaris Jackson... or even a man to give him some real competition, instead of just John David Booty