• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chad Johnson -- Ripped By Judge for Slapping Lawyer's

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chad Johnson had a no jail time plea deal in place for head butting his wife (now ex wife). When the judge (a woman) asked if he was happy with his attorney, he slapped his lawyer on the butt. Courtroom erupts in laughter. Judge gets pissed off and throws the plea deal aside. They slap the cuffs on and take him to jail.

Chad Johnson -- Ripped By Judge for Slapping Lawyer's Ass | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com

The Judge overreacted. Should Johnson have slapped the attorney's butt? No. But he didn't do it for comedic purposes.

Johnson didn't laugh. Johnson didn't say it was a joke. Johnson's not responsible for the actions of those in the gallery.

What are your thoughts? Especially looking forward to see what CO as to say about this one.

Wade8813

Registered Member
After watching it, I'm inclined to agree (one key factor you didn't mention - it was a male attorney).

Sure, it was kinda childish, but he seemed to be pretty serious throughout.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Not a smart thing to do. This is a courtroom not a locker room, certain decorum needs to be held at all times. He may not be responsible for the reaction of the gallery but his actions caused the laughing so he should be held accountable. That said, admonishing him would be enough in my opinion and not accepting the plea deal because of it seems harsh. I do understand the judge has to protect the integrity of the courtroom but still, I think she went too far.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm with CO on this one.

I think what he did was really stupid for the courtroom but the judge took it a step too far. I get it, but it was too much.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Chad Johnson Released from Prison

Some of you may not know this yet, but Chad Johnson just got released from prison after serving a one-week sentence which was originally supposed to last a month. It's understood that he was in trouble for domestic violence, but he supposedly did things disrespectful to the court, which I find kind of confusing.

Ex-NFL star Chad Johnson being released from jail - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are some things you just don't do in court or wear to court. Between skipping meeting with his parole officer, slapping his attorney on the butt and head butting his wife I don't think he thinks about consequences of his actions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 12
Fresh NFL 5
Doc Baseball 9
Fresh NFL 9
Babe_Ruth NFL 9