• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

[CFL] - Bombers finally get first draft pick

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Canucks worth their weight in gold - Winnipeg Free Press

And for the first time in a generation, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will not only be active participants in the opening round of Sunday's CFL Canadian Draft, but hold the first- and fourth-overall selections and a glorious opportunity to restock their Canadian content.
There will be no more crossed fingers while the first round unfolds with Bomber staffers slurping java and picking through the doughnut box. No more trying to find a late-round diamond in the bargain bin.
No, for the first time since 1975 the Bombers will call out the first name Sunday morning when they announce they have selected St. Francis Xavier linebacker Henoc Muamba No. 1 overall. And then they'll get right back to business with the fourth-overall pick.

This is awesome. The last few years have been a dissappointment. Last year, me and pretz went to see a game, but left halfway through. They weren't worth putting up with the cold for. I remember in 2001, they had a great team. Made it to the grey cup game, but lost. After that, we lost a couple good players because of retirement, and haven't come back since then.

Now that we actually get early picks, we'll get some of the stronger players, and actually have a chance this year. I really hope so, considering we're not getting a hockey team to cheer for. haha. I want our CFL team to do well.

Bombers trade Glover and land another draft pick - Winnipeg Free Press

apparently, we'll get another earlier pick, should this trade go through.

Bramaca

Registered Member
I'm looking forward to the Bombers winning again. Its been a long time since I saw them win a Grey Cup and it would be nice to shut up the Riders fans. Can't wait for the new stadium to be completed too. Its been a long time coming.