Ceramics

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
So Im taking a ceramics class next semester. Anyone familiar with a pottery wheel, or making thier own glazes? I think Imma have a good time, but Id like to hear the opinions of my fellow posters.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've done clay stuff and pottery stuff back in highschool. It was just an all-around art class though so we tried a bit of everything. It wasn't really focused on ceramic stuff. It was pretty fun. It wasn't for me though. I prefer pencil drawings.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I'm taking that class next semester as well! I think I'll like it. I'm sort of artistic, but not very. So I'll probably have a lot of trouble with the class.

kittykate789

Registered Member
I love ceramics, i took a class in it this year and I had thought that drawing was my artistic ability, but ceramics was amazing. I loved throwing on the wheel(my advice on centering, push the clay, dont let the clay push you, be extremely firm and high speeds dont hurt), and i really adored sculpting. I made a few portraits and was shocked with how realistic they were. Ceramic art really gives you, literally, a whole new dimension to work with and its really fun.
Have a good time in the class!

Blueyes

Registered Member
I remember making this little pottery ashtray that my parents used as a matter of fact I think in school. Might be fun to find a class to do that again just to get away from things because you can only run for so long before your legs give out.