Century Club (no drinking involved)

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Babe's post about the century club a while back made me think of a variation. Basically the century club was to go to a bar and drink a shot per minute for 100 minutes. This is a bit different, but stays with the 100 minute idea.

Lately I have been attempting a pushup century club. I doubt I'll ever make it but it's at least fun to try. 10 military style pushups per minute for 100 minutes, or until you just can't go on (whichever comes first, most likely the latter). Set a timer and each minute do 10, then wait for the next minute. I don't think many people could reach 100, which would be a full 1,000 pushups.

So, if you are into working out you should try this and post your results. I will be trying it later today and seeing how far I can make it. I know some people who are pretty strong and the most they could do was 20-25 minutes.

As soon as you can't keep proper form then you are done. A variation of this would be 5 per minute if 10 per minute burns you out too fast.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That would be extremely hard to do, there's no way I could do this. But I'd like to try one time.

The only close thing I've done to that is do as many push ups as I can in one minute. I'm usually able to do 80-100, it depends how I feel that day. Yes their proper form as well.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Id like to give it a try... but I doubt I'd be any good at it. I think I really need to work my shoulders first before I attempt any "extreme" pushup regime. After blowing 'em out in High School football & baseball I really suck at doing pushups anymore.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

haha

I can only do about 20-30 pushups at the moment with proper form...but I have back issues. Yeah, that's my excuse.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Hmmm so instead of drinking we're just doing 10 military syle push-up's per minute.....sounds like a awesome challenge. I'll give it a try on my day off (tomorrow night) and see how many I can get done :D

~Shwa

6. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Hmm, sounds like one hell of a challenge. I really want to give this a try. I'm going to go get a shower, smoke a bowl, and try to tackle this right after that.

I figure I need the bowl otherwise my arms will be completely numb before the first 10 are done ;)

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I could definitely give this a shot (haha "shot")but by minute 40 I'd be wasted, unable to talk in a complete sentence and stumbling.

Which might be all the more reason to do it:D

8. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I think you have it confused. This is the non drinking, exercising century. Do you think you could do 400 pushups?

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

At once, no, not ever. I could barely crack 100 when doing push-ups for wrestling practice in high school.

I'm still up for the century shot challenge though.

10. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I tried doing the century pushup challenge and I got to 100 before I couldn't hold myself up anymore. It's good exercise, though. I managed to crack out about a pushup a second and I'd have the extra 50 seconds to rest. But around 80 I started really feeling like jelly arms and I'm shocked I was able to crack out the last 20.