Cena was not supposed to bleed...panic insues

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

What do you think of Cena now, Tucker? lol.

Pretty interesting they would go nuts over this...I suppose they have good reasons.

Source: PWInsider.com

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This isn't surprising, we all knew about the no blood policy and as soon as the trainers came in the ring you knew that they were having a panic attack in the backstage area. In all my life of watching wrestling I've never seen trainners come into the ring to clean the blood off a wrestler, especially on a small cut like Cena had.

Pretty pathetic overall if you ask me.

3. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

haha..this is hilarious. And sad, IMO. The kids that are watching now probably saw plenty of WWE programming before the TV-PG initiative.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

wow, they stopped the clock for the cleanup to?

And to think back in the day the Blood was what got the fans going. Sad to see how the game has deteriorated down to this now. Next thing you know they wont even be able to throw eachother, it'll be nothing but Enter the ring and Debate!

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

If you knew about the no blood policy then why did you bet me there would be blood on the Hell in a Cell PPV? :lol:

I think the biggest thing has to do with Linda's senate hopes...they dont want anything to go against her. Nor do they want wrestlers bleeding on the crowd.

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Hey, I already copped to it in another thread, haha. That was a match I won't soon forget. There are whole Wrestlemanias I can't say that about!

One of the best parts was when he was kayfabe semi-conscious on the ropes and legitimately trying to fight off the medics. Classic WWE moment, I thought.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Tucker where do you rank this Iron Man Match with the others? Do you think this one was better then the Iron Man match between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart?

The match would been even better if there was no stoppage. The breaks after every pin falls is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a wrestling match.

I knew about the no-blood policy but I had a strong feeling that they wouldn't care in a pay per view with matches that have shed lots of blood in the past. I was totally way off.

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I haven't seen the match from breaking point so don't know how obvious the the clean up attempt was on Cena, but that's just ridiculous. Especially stopping the clock.

As Unity said, plenty of kids who are into WWE now would have seen WWE matches with blood included. I mean, what the hell is a "first blood match" if blood doesn't exist in the world of wrestling??? The WWE audience knows it's out there, even those that have grown up with WWE in the past 2 years or so. With sites like Youtube, you can't fully censor that kind of stuff, and the fact that Linda McMahon's senate campaign is part of the reason is really stupid.

Blood is a part of professional wrestling. Blading is even a technique/skill associated with the sport! Blood was even a part of it back in the last PG era of WWE during the 80's, so i don't see why they would assume it would fuck up kids now. I highly doubt even the excessive amount of blood during the Attitude Era and especially in ECW during the 90's ever fucked anyone up mentally.

But still, even if i don't like the no blood policy, to interfere and stop the clock in a match just to protect Linda's political campaign is ridiculous. The only reason a match should be stopped is if there's genuine health concerns for the wrestler involved. This for me epitomises what is wrong with the WWE product today. They've forgotten that it's about the sport and craft of professional wrestling.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

This is why I don't watch wrestling anymore. Seriously? What the fuck is the deal with blood? So.. it's okay for kids to see tits on TV but not blood? I'm sure if blood was on tits, it would be A.O.K!

P.S. Seriously? WTF